Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just into 3rd week, green film/algae

hi all,

am now going into my third week so will drop my dosages as advised. No probs so far except have the bright green algae/slime in places. is quite tough stuff doesnt wipe off like slime would. Any ideas?

cheers
    Barry

Hi Barry, the "neon" green slime is a visual cue of Start2 excess. It also appears in AAHC excess. This is easy to remedy by with-holding Start2 for the next two scheduled Start2 dosings.Then reduce your Start2 quantity by 50%, when you resume dosing Start2. Also, if you are using AAHC hold this for the first 4wks. on ZEOvit. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

hi bob,

thanks. I am not dosing aahc but will drop my start dosage. Should i make that reduction permenantly?

Comment

Whenever I have had the tough hard to remove green algae it has always been as an immediate result of high nutrient input, e.g. overfeeding, mass snail deaths etc.

Do you feed your corals?
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Yes, Barry, the reduced dose should be fine for your system for the immediate future. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

cheers Bob,

Orion,

No, not at all. I have lost a couple of chromis though, found them in the weir. Could be that i suppose?

Comment

Working...
            X