carbon filter socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon filter socks

What micron size is needed to hold the korralin zucht carbon. Would a 200 be ok or does it have to be smaller. The ones I have now seem to not be able to hold all the carbon particles. I bought it at a lfs and it didn't say the size so I picked up some 200's for the next change but they don't look much finer either. So what's the ideal size this carbon is pretty fine. Also do I need to test this carbon for po4's has anyone else done this, I think I read Thomas spent quite a long time finding the cleanest purest carbon. If there are po4's then should I soak the carbon in ro/di. Thanks Bob

200 is fine. You may have had problems with black particles coming out of your carbon before because you didn't rinse the carbon?
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

I think the bag I bought was slightly larger than 200. I'll try the 200 I just bought. Last time I put the carbon in the sock then rinsed it very well.

Comment

Working...
      X