high ca still (bob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high ca still (bob)

my ca reactor was not been running for a week now and my ca on the salifert is still at500 :pat: ,,, is there any thing else i can do to lower this safely??? this morning alk was at 8..

Ben, in my tank, which is overstocked with corals, it took about 2 weeks until Ca was near 450 mg. The “real” drop began after 10 days. Please also notice if growth is low, this will take much more time. I would recommend to be patient, monitoring KH daily with the addition of a buffer. Maybe you have a chance to do the weekly water change with a good synthetic salt which has a lower Ca concentration.

G.Alexander

Comment

can you reccomend a salt... i just use coralife now,,, but had planned on switching to tropicmarin pro reef

Comment

Ben I do not live in the States and most US salts are not available over here. I am sure other members can give you some advise. Sorry

G.Alexander

Comment

IO is said to mix aroud 360 ca.

SteveU
          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Ben, as Alexander said, just let the Ca drop on it's own, & all the while maintaining KH ~8. Shoot for 420-440 area with your Ca. Also monitor Mg[1300]. I believe your salt is fine, but what does Coralife salt measure in parms at 1.025? Thnx. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

all the bag says is..1.023 ph8.3,,ca410,,mag1300

Comment

If you would, Ben, whatever salinity you have your system, then make up a g of coralife at that same salinity & test these parameters as this can vary a great deal from their claims. Also different batches of the same salt will have different values Plz. post these, then. Thnx. Bob
                "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander
                  Ben I do not live in the States and most US salts are not available over here. I am sure other members can give you some advise. Sorry
                  Hi Alexander, which salt do German Zeoheads prefer to use?
                  400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Timon, presently I use a new salt which is not available until now. I also had good results with the salt from a company called Preis. From time to time I also use AquaMedic ReefSalt but this is done only in low quantities while it is extra enriched with iodine and strontium. Using bigger quantities caused darker tissue in my tank. Before that all I have used TropicMarin ProReef, but I have stopped using it because I could not notice any further benefit in coloration after the water change.

G.Alexander

Comment

Preis, this has the little crocodile in the logo right? I saw this salt on sale here locally and I think it was only half the price of regular Tropic Marin.
                      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Yes, their company logo is a small crocodile

Here you can find their English homepage:

http://www.preis-aquaristik.com/eng/index2.html

Really funny how different the prices are – Preis salt over here is much more expensive than TM.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander
                          Really funny how different the prices are – Preis salt over here is much more expensive than TM.
                          Less funny when you've been paying double the price for TM because you are not familiar with Preis

Comment

Throw some clams in there that'll do the trick Those guy suck Ca like its going out of style .....lol.
                            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

so i use oceanic when i set my 180 up ill have my cal reactor back up and going to keep things level is it gonna matter that my cal is high also to begin with and is it gonna go up wt the cal reactor ?
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller
                              ATB Return w/ wavysea
                              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
                              X