Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting cyno

Hi,

On week 3 of zeo and noticed that im getting cyno on the sandbed (there is good flow around it), looked at the zeo guide which suggests stopping using zeofood and zeostart.

Im assuming I still dose Zeobak as usual, how long do i stop with the other 2? Until the cyno goes again or just 2-3 days then dose again.

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Gary, I'll ask Alexander to post his thoughts, but none of the zeo's should cause any cyanobacteria. Has anyone else had this problem that you feel is zeo-related? Plz. post if you have.Thnx. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I have it also and I feel that I have very good flow.

Tank: 125 gallon 15 gallon sump. Dosing 4/4 bac and food every three days with 0.5ml start daily and 2 drops HCAA daily.
      Flow is from 2 Tunze 6100 on a multicontroller.

Cyno is in high flow area and is very strange. I always felt that this was a sign of not enough flow.
      I am out there, and loving every minute of it!

Out of the closet, that is. The Zeo closet.

Comment

Hi, is it flat smooth carpet-like easily removed algae, or a maroon, cotton-turf-type that grows into the LR? Thnx. Bob

Comment

Gary & Northbay, I have never hear zeo caused a cyano outbreak. To be sure, what to recommend, is it possible for you to post a picture ?

Thanks,

G.Alexander

Comment

I had cyano while on ZEOvit but that was because I removed a lot of my sand. the next day it kicked in. I waited and waited a couple of weeks and it just kept getting worse. So then, I used Chemi Clean and it worked wonders. It hasnt been back since. Rocks and sand are always crystal clean.

Comment

wenn man`s mit zeofood und aminos zu gut meint, können braune algenbeläge kommen, von der konsistenz wie brauner schleim der sich überall festsetzt auch am überlaufkamm(siehe unten), ich habe beobachtet das beim einschalten des lichts weniger vorhanden sind(sie sind in schwebe)nach ca.4 stunden licht setzen sie sich ab und gegen abend(8stunden licht) verschwinden sie wieder, am nächsten tag dasselbe spiel.habe aminos von 3 tropfen pro tag auf einen tropfen gedrosselt seitdem sind sie weg,

www.hexersblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Just a short translation:

If ZeoFood and / or AAHC (AminoAcidHighConcentrate) is overdosed, brown slime can accrue anywhere in the tank. I have noticed the brown slime is weaker if the light is switched on, in the lighting period it is increasing. About 4 hours lighting period they dissolve from the substrate. In the evening, after about 8 hours lighting period they disappear. Same process at the next day. I have reduced the dosage of AAHC from 3 drops daily to 1 drop daily and the problem has gone.

Comment

vielen dank

www.hexersblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Alexander, you beat me to the translation, thnx
                    Hexer, thnx. for your insight. Plz. continue
                    Edward, were you using ZEOvit when you used Chemi-Clean? thnx. Bob

Comment

I am also facing issues with cyano on my sandbed and it occurs where it receives direct light from the MH. Those shaded area are cyano free. Have it in high-flow areas as as well lower flow. Only got cyano once I stopped rowaphos and started zeovit. Was assuming that it was an overdose of the zeovit components but even after reducing it, its still there on the sandbed.

Have reduced lighting period from 10hrs of Mh to 8 Hours and that seems to help. Also dosing 6ml of zeostart divided into 2 doses daily. 8 drops of AAHC daily. 6 drops of bac/food 2x weekly. 4 drops of TM pro-iodine 2x weekly. Cyano has reduced a bit but still lingering around on the sandbed.
                      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

YEs, i used Chemi Clean when on ZEO. No problems at all. In chemi cleans advertisement, it states that it does not target nitryfying bacteria which led me to believe that it would be safe. Sure enough I have been cyano free for 3-4 months.

Comment

Good Edward, who produces it? Tropical Science makes a "Marine-Clean" product among others that they sell. Thnx. Bob

Comment

boyd makes it.....marinedepot.com has it

Comment

Thnx. Edward, I am just curious what it might contain especially in conjunction with ZEOvit, thnx. Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X