Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• algaeman story #2

guys,
    i came home after work to a disaster,my 1.5 years oceanic tank leaked from the bottom. when saw that i tought i was gonna cry((( really((
    but,my coral was fine so the fish..i still had water in the tank a little in the sump..
    i called my friends..... ,i was lucky..they came right away to help me..i was so nervies i didnt know what to do..when they came we star draining some water to the tubs what i had...and removing corals...
    i am so thankx to my friends rich (jackson) and kasei (psoudo boy)..they took my coral to hold in there tank..
    i took some pics..tommorow morning i waana get in touch with oceanic see what they say..
    meanwhile my corals in my friends tank.... and guys ..i idnt realised how much noce corals i had...
    i hope they all survive..

thats is my set story ....((

mike

So sorry to hear that for you Mike. I do hope all will survive this terrible disaster. Thats not the first Oceanic tank I've heard that started leaking.
    I'm planning a 450. I want glass, but it's stories like this that makes me decide on Acrylic for the new tank. Again keep us all posted. We wish the best for all of your live stock.

Comment

Well said, Fonda, & of course, Mike all of us have grown together with ZEOvit, understand your concern. keep us updated with how Oceanic response. Do you use a Oceanic stand? Thnx. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

thankx guys...

my problem is ,i didnt use oceanic stand..but,i dodnt really think this cause of a leak..

my next tank will be acrylic..i canot tank chance anymore...i was so upset last nite,my gf tough i will have a hard attack...

mike

Comment

Mike, do you need a Valium? My question regarding the stand evolves around the fact that, this factor may be Oceanic's out for not covering their tank warrantyBob

Comment

bob, i feel like i need one))
            and u right,i just spoke with algaeman,he said if i didnt use oceanic stand i am out of warranty((

mike

Comment

MIKE!! SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS!!! WOW, I would of been in shock too! You worked so hard to get your tank where it is now. Dont worry! We are here for you. I know this time will be tough, but once you get your new tank setup, it will be worth it. Keep us updated.

Comment

thankx,edward..
                well at least i know that my corals are fine...but,i have to start over again(
                what can i do,..its simply sucks((

edward,i think u have a acrylic tank,right?

Comment

Man im sorry to hear that mike. Its for that very reason that I am going to go with acrylic as well on my next tank. Hope everything turns out ok
                  Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

thankx sean...
                    i am pretty much sure i will go with acrylic...i have to sleep at nite...
                    plus,i will never get oceanic tank anymore ,thats for sure..

i cant belive i have to star allover again....

mike

Comment

sorry mike, that just sucks, i hear more and more oceanic fail, i thought oceanic is the way to go?

Comment

thank you guys...

Comment

Hi Heinz, I believe Oceanic was taken over by another co??? Quality may have suffered with consolidation. Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, ah i see, that could be the reason, i didnt know oceanic was taken over

Comment

Oceanic is owned by the same company that owns All Glass. They also own Kent Marine, T.F.H. Publications, Inc. and Energy Savers Unlimited. This and a long list of other pet supply and garden supply companies.
                              These companies are all under the roof of a wholesale distibution company listed on NASDAQ.
                              http://www.centralgardenandpet.com/i...nt&script=2100

SteveU
                              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
                              X