• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer to Quinla

Please do not link to reefcentral.com
    thanks scott

this thread on RC is closed, so I will answer to Quinla here:

>>>>Define "work"<<<<

Are you sure? Was not there debate that new zeo system will not need zeolite rocks? Do you claim, that denitrification process and "defosfatization" is processing in the zeolites rocks?

>>>> know of 3 people about of the several hundred people i communicate with about this. And think about your statement a little more. How many gallons of water go through your ca reactor a day vs how many gallons of water your tank and sump hold. If you think that small handful of media is going to clean your whole tank then I have a bridge to sell you.<<<<

I mentioned Al removers on Ca reactor, on main display and RO units, not only Ca effluent. Haven't zeo users debates that phosphates are leaching from Ca reactor? Doesn’t Pohl soak coral sand several times in RO water, before he uses it in Ca reactor?

There is corellation with users who beside zeo are using this methods too and have more success like only zeo users, but for all success is responsible zeo.

>>>>.....like maybe ummm, the correct dosages for the volume of water we're talking about<<<<

Hmmm, I started with 1/2 to 1/3 of recommended dosages but still problems... Please don't you understand me wrong, I'm happy for every satisfied zeo user..

>>>>However, there is a new school of thought that is trying to engage heavy feeding and zeo together to get the best<<<<

Another new zeo school? Well, please inform me, when zeo will graduate. Meanwhile I'm not prepared to spend my money and time for Thomas, that he will "develop" new amateur products, based on my experience.
    Last edited by scottw; 05-12-2005, 02:43 PM.

Buddy, go away your lame. Come back when you have something productive to say.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Another new zeo school? Well, please inform me, when zeo will graduate. Meanwhile I'm not prepared to spend my money and time for Thomas, that he will "develop" new amateur products, based on my experience.
      I'm not concerned if you use zeo or not. If you don't want to use it, i will never try and get you to.

You bring up all these good practices and act like we don't think it helps. cleaning food, limiting phosphate importation, soaking reactor media etc. these are all things that I would suggest to every sps keeper. Like I said, I only know of about 3 people who use these phosphate reactors on the ca effluent. I know way more than 3 people who use zeovit and see great success.

If you know you can decrease the amount of phosphate you are putting in your tank by soaking media, carbon, food, etc. then don't you think it's a good idea to do it? I don't think it's zeo related at all, it's good husbandry which is important in any and every reef tank. I don't see how this relates to Thomas or the rest of the users though.

Comment

Why cant everybody just get along?
        Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Villeggiante
          Come back when you have something productive to say.
          That is fundamental problem of zeo enthusiasts and the reason why zeo believers are not welcome on RC. When there is lack of any scientific explanation everything is degraded to some king of religious level with at least one guru.

Can discuss about zeo or you will take any doubt as attack?

Can you tell me:
          That processes are occurring in zeolites in salt water?
          What is Thomas Pohl CV?

Comment

Brad, Aleksander kiss and make up no need for a repeat of what happened earlier today
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksander
              Can you tell me:
              That processes are occurring in zeolites in salt water?
              I'm not smart enough to know anything about zeolites but Habib seems to think so, if you wish I can find the link to a very interesting thread about it
              400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

The main reason why we are not welcome on RC is due to both sides, I myself stay out of the fllame wars, its just counter productive. Aleksander, im sorry you did not have the results you wanted on Zeo, but a lot of us have. The next thing is how you spoke about how Zeo users do not report problems while using it---I think you are wrong here, actually I know you are wrong b/c everytime I have had a problem due to Zeo ive posted about it here, for obvious reasons not on RC. Whether it was too much start1, too much flow thru the reactor ect. Im sorry to break it to you but you are in the minority on this one, most have good results on Zeo. Also, im one of those people who do not need scientific explanation for everything that goes into my tank--If my own experience show me its working then I believe it is. I love reefkeeping, but what it all boils down to is its just a hobby.
                Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Aleksander,
                  I know you have followed (under another user name) the RC threads on how zeolites work in SW. If you care to search out some of that information and return I'm sure we would all like to continue that discussion.

As for your question on Thomas Pohl CV, I'm not sure what you mean.

By the way I don't think you answered my question from the Captive Oceans RC thread.
                  Do you think that could change the results and be some reason for the PO4 levels you show.
                  SteveU
                  http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=525904

SteveU
                  “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                  ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Aleksander,

I am relativley new on this forum but I'd like to welcome you here. Hopefully you will continue to participate here even if you are not a fan of the zeo system. I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be of value to many who participate here.

That is fundamental problem of zeo enthusiasts and the reason why zeo believers are not welcome on RC.
                    Two questions for you here..
                    1. Are you saying that ALL zeo enthusiasts have the same "fundamental" problem? Is it that easy to make generalizations about people simply because they like a particular approach?

2. Are you saying that I (and anyone else who use the zeo system) are not welcome in RC? If this is the case, would care to elaborate on why I and other zeo users who have not participated in flame wars are no longer welcome?

Comment

Aleksander, I do not see you getting banned here.. We are here to learn more and help eachother out. If one of us came into RC and acted as you did we would be booted.. That is the reason there is a lot of upset people about RC when it comes to zoevit..It happened today aswell, one of your almighty mods was being the biggest jerk in the thread, as soon as Bob chimmed in it was I had enough with you your banned.. What a joke that place has become.. I was banned also months ago but funny not one mod could tell me WHY. I know why though I use zeovit and it works for me and they do not want to believe it... The proff is in the sps corals.. I will put my zeo sps against any non user. I am not saying you can not have wonderful colorful corals without zeo. I have seen many tanks I luv that do not use it. I go to bed at night though never worring about stn or rtn.. I have been doing this for 14 yrs and have tried many methods. This method works VERY well for me and a lot less time then I had into my tank before. Also I am a slacker on my water changes.. I try to do them weekly but frankly I do maybe 2 times a month.. Still my corals flourish... If it was a bottle of piss I was putting into my tank that gave my corals the health I am seeing these days I would be pissing in the tank too.. People say start 1 was a problem so he developed start 2.. he did that to improve the system not because start 1 caused problems.. I used start 1 for 6 month without a hitch... If you used zeo and had problems I am sorry. I do believe in the beginning the problems were out there but now many people have been using it for months in the states and with this site the problems have def went down. Most of the problems people have were not even zeo related when they really got into it.. Sorry this is just the way I feel about zeovit. It has worked and worked VERY well for me...

Peace, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by adobo
                        Aleksander,

I am relativley new on this forum but I'd like to welcome you here. Hopefully you will continue to participate here even if you are not a fan of the zeo system. I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be of value to many who participate here.

1. Are you saying that ALL zeo enthusiasts have the same "fundamental" problem? Is it that easy to make generalizations about people simply because they like a particular approach?

2. Are you saying that I (and anyone else who use the zeo system) are not welcome in RC? If this is the case, would care to elaborate on why I and other zeo users who have not participated in flame wars are no longer welcome?

You are welcome here anytime you wish to come here. Keep is civil we are a friendly site, if this contiunes this thread will be closed.

Leave the fighting on RC as we have had zero on zeovit.com since day 1.

Thanks,
                        ScottW

Comment

Originally posted by GTR

By the way I don't think you answered my question from the Captive Oceans RC thread.

AGAIN FOR YOU NO LINK TO REEFCENTRAL.COM

SteveU
                          By Thomas himself. And really came new Start, not Food7.
                          Last edited by scottw; 05-12-2005, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel3443
                            If my own experience show me its working then I believe it is. I love reefkeeping, but what it all boils down to is its just a hobby.
                            Glad to hear. I am getting the same results with good husbandry and Rowaphos in main display and on RO unit, but without cyano outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by adobo
                              Aleksander,

1. No, but all believers can do nothing else like to follow their guru, with more or less flame.

2. That's not my opinion, but seems that are not welcome any zeo users, who cannot support his claim, why zeo is effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X