Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will 1 foot make a difference?

hello everyone,

in terms of fish, is there anything i can keep in a 6 foot tank that i could not keep in a 5 foot tank? im debating whether i should get a 60x30x24 or a 72x30x20 (LxWxH)...

thanks

Always go bigger.

Comment

this is actually the same tank gallon-wise...the dimensions are just different

Comment

I have a 72 x 30 x 24 and love the dimensions. I think the 72 x 30 x 20 would be a good depth and allow you to keep high light species in bottom third (with 250's) SPS frags in the sandbed in the bottom of my 24" tend to lose color slowly. Moved higher, they regain the color. JMO

CAReefer
        265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

yea...i guess a shallower tank would have more light penetration...would fish mind shallow tanks?

Comment

Not unless they're blonde too.

:horny:
            265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

hehe...im still wondering whether i should go with 3 SE 10k in lumenarcs or 3 DE...

Comment

If I had to do it over again, I would definitely look into the lumenarcs. I have 3 DE and 2 SE and feel the tank lacking in coverage. The Reef Optix reflectors are a definite improvement over the PFO, but again, look into the lumenarcs.

Comment

CAreefer,

how much gph can your overflow handle? what are the dims?

Comment

I run about 1000 gph through the overflow. It is pretty well maxed out as I feel it is undersized. 9"x9" with a single 1 1/2" drain. My skimmer only processes 1000 gph so I don't see the need to exceed its capacity.

Comment

i still cant decide on the lighting though...i want good color, but also good growth...20k's are definitely out, since im only gonna use 250's...

Comment

Originally posted by jonah310
                        i still cant decide on the lighting though...i want good color, but also good growth...20k's are definitely out, since im only gonna use 250's...

Yes. Deciding the lighting is very hard...We want good coloration and growth..

You can do MH combination in different Kelvin and use Supplement(T5 or VHO)

-11th May 07:48 vince

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Working...
                        X