Anyone using Kalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Kalk?

I know its not recommended to use Kalkwasser with Zeovit but my ca. reactor is having trouble keeping up with alk/ca requirements and im thinking maybe supplement this with kalk in the top up water.

Is anyone else using kalk as well as a ca reactor (or even alone) and any negative effects with using the zeo method?

Ga

I havent. What kind of trouble are y ou having with your Ca reactor? Do you have a high SPS load?

Comment

Not really a high SPS load but mostly frags which are growing pretty quickly, also the calcium reactor (a small 'Ratz' one) is underated slightly for my tank, which is why i was thinking of adding kalk also (used this method before going to zeo with good results).

Cheers
      Ga

Comment

Hi Gary, what's the parameters that your Ca Rx can maintain? BTW, some Euro-Zeo-users have used KW with ZEOvit, but the danger is P04 precipitation from P's being sequestered in our systems due to normal diurnal pH swings in our closed systems, resulting in SPS Calcium-inhibition in skeletogenesis, & eventual coral shut-down syndrome Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

wow i always wondered y we couldnt use it
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer