Going into 8th change of Zeolites today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into 8th change of Zeolites today

Will be doing my 8th change of zeolite later.

Just a recap.

Total tank volume 520litres (including sump volume).

Zeolites used: 1.2 litres.
    Flow thru reactor: 500 l/h

zeobak, zeofood7: 2drops 2x/week

zeostart1: 0.3ml/2x/day, will soon do multiple dosage/day when my dosing pump arrives and switch over to zeostart2 once my start1 stock is depleted.

PO4 at 0.06ppm measured 2 days ago.

Feeding day is done daily.

So far growth rates has increased after every change of zeolites which is apparent from the need to tune up my CR.

No regret going the zeovit route :P

Thnx. for the update
    As I near the 1yr. mark on ZEOvit, it's crystal clear to me that this method allows amazing coral coloration & growth in a nutrient-poor environment.I had not achieved this on a long-term basis in the past. Yes, with my previous systems, my corals would thrive for a time, only to succumb to TN here & there--very frustrating to say the least. With ZEOvit, which is predictable day in & day out, this events are in the past. To my surprise with ZEOvit is the husbandry time I've saved yet with a beautiful-looking reef--just what I dreamed when I first decided to try the method. Also very pleasing, is the fact that this method costs less to run than my previous system of mulit-media canisters,[carbon/Purigen/Phosgard/RowaPhos/PolyFilters/etc]. I'm able to use less photo-period in my lighting with the low-nutrient, crystal clear waters produced my this method--much clearer than when 03 was used. But most importantly is the fact that my corals do not undergo TN events as previously. I no longer look around when the MH turn on, worried about coral health One other added bonus, is the fact that I can feed my fish more often, yet continue to have bright-colored SPS in nutrient-poor conditions. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
      Thnx. for the update
      As I near the 1yr. mark on ZEOvit, it's crystal clear to me that this method allows amazing coral coloration & growth in a nutrient-poor environment.I had not achieved this on a long-term basis in the past. Yes, with my previous systems, my corals would thrive for a time, only to succumb to TN here & there--very frustrating to say the least. With ZEOvit, which is predictable day in & day out, this events are in the past. To my surprise with ZEOvit is the husbandry time I've saved yet with a beautiful-looking reef--just what I dreamed when I first decided to try the method. Also very pleasing, is the fact that this method costs less to run than my previous system of mulit-media canisters,[carbon/Purigen/Phosgard/RowaPhos/PolyFilters/etc]. I'm able to use less photo-period in my lighting with the low-nutrient, crystal clear waters produced my this method--much clearer than when 03 was used. But most importantly is the fact that my corals do not undergo TN events as previously. I no longer look around when the MH turn on, worried about coral health One other added bonus, is the fact that I can feed my fish more often, yet continue to have bright-colored SPS in nutrient-poor conditions. Bob

Very well said and I agree 100% as I fall into this same category! It has definitely paid off hasnt it? You were talking about waking up to lost corals before ZEOvit and that is enough to have saved you money in the long run.

Comment

Congrats on the 8th change out have you lowered ur dosing since u are so far in ?
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Was doing 0.5ml/2x/daily for zeostart1 about 3 weeks back but signs of excess dosage so reduced it down to 0.3ml/2x/daily and still monitoring.

Comment

Losmandy, sounds reasonable as the longer you use ZEOvit, the less dosages are needed to maintain low nutrients. You may continue to need less Start1 as time goes by, as when I was using Start1 on a 450g net, my Start1 dosage was down to .1ml 4x's/day. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
            X