X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nick,

Yeah I'm the same Z.

Comment

ok kool this week coming i will be ready i much rather speak on here then there do u mind ?
      Nick
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Nope not at all. You can also email me when you're ready. [email protected] And we can discuss it more in detail.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi Fonda, what's your dose of carbon? Be sure it's not leaching P04's as well as no P04's from your Ca Rx effluent. Check your product water for TDS & Si's. Any change in the red turfy stuff? Thnx. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi Bob,

Using 2 cups of carbon. I use the two little fishes brand. I have checked for P04. I get 0 reading via salifert. TDS with RODI=0. Not to much of a change in the red turfy stuff. Maybe in a few spots. It's still growing pretty good where there is direct flow from the tunze streams. I bought 4 more small Mex trocus snails yesterday. They are working on it. I see they are trying to eat it. But it's so thick in those spots.

Comment

Fonda, are the Tunze's casings coated with this red turfy acumulations? Bob

Comment

Bob i have a friend with this problem it mainly grows on hoigh flow areas which is funny since when you have to lil flow you get alage to much alage just cant win i have been readin alot about it and hear that tangs are good for it
                Nick
                Nick
                180G SPS Mainly
                10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                Calcium Reactor
                3 Tunze 6105's
                Profilux Controller
                ATB Return w/ wavysea
                ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Bob,
                  Yes they were covered with the red turf algae also. Until I cleaned them this past week with distilled vinegar. I can even put a new frag in the tank, and within 2 weeks small veins of the red turf start to grow on the frags rock? I have a purple tang and a foxface, they nibble it, but haven't cleaned it up. They steady graze on it.

Comment

Fonda, I get that also on the Tunze ,which necessiates frequent soaking in vinegar/bleach/RODI water. It also accumulates on the spouts of the S/S's, again the same drill. The funny thing tho, it only accumulates on one rock in the center of my display--why? I'm experimenting with a different dosing routine & hope to say more about this red-turfy within the next month. Bob

Comment

Sounds good Bob. Keep us posted if you can find out any results. There's a thread on RC where several have posted to having the red turf in their reefs. And it's always in the high flow areas. I'll keep dosing the start2 daily and see if anything happens also with the red turf.

Comment

Working...
                      X