cheapest new aquariums???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest new aquariums???

Hi, anyone know of some internet sites that sell really cheap glass aquarims? I know glasscages is good, but what about any others?

I was wanting to upgrade my 75 to a 120 or a tank just like a 120 only a few inches taller...something like 30" tall.

thanks...
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

I've always been happy when dealing with the local LFS that uses a local builder and I don't have to pay for the shipping.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

well yeah I could actually pick up the tank if I got it from glasscages but...a local store would probably cost a lot more I think...
      Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
        SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Awesome
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

???

you mean cheap aquarium= a not good quality? Are you saying that glasscages tanks are poor quality?? errr....?

Comment

jeffs tank i believe is from glasscages.com
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Adam... I don't have a clue what those tanks are like.
                Like you I want to pay the least possible for things but price is not the final deciding factor when I make a buying decison. If I want product "A" and can't afford it at the time, I don't back peddle to a lesser product "B" because I have a need to buy something now.
                I say wait until you can get what you want, anything less and you cheat yourself and you will still be left wanting.

BTW... think long and hard about that 30" tall tank. Add the canopy and you will not be able to reach the bottom of the tank even for simple cleaning. I know... I had one 31" tall for almost 15 years and taking the canopy off on a regular basis takes the joy out of trying to clean the glass at the top of the SB. I agree they look good but I'd only do it again for a FO with minimal lighting and not so high calcium levels.

SteveU
                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

ive havent heard anything bad about glasscages im getting my next tank from them myself jeff has one and i kknow of a few other s also
                  Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Ive heard mixed opinions about glasscages. I personally would not use them. I heard thier glass that is used like starphire is not that great, better than regular glass but not as clear as true starphire glass. Plus they told me when I ws quoted for a 48x24x17 90g that it was too heavy to ship--but we could do acrylic--after they say on thier site that they do ship--I dont know kind of shady if you ask me
                    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I've heard quite a bit of negative stuff from people concerning glasscages. Search RC and I think you'll see more negative reviews then possible.

As for what was mentioned above, it's better to save and get exactly what you want rather then trying to buy everything right then and there; you pay for quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X