Bacteria/T.Pohl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacteria/T.Pohl

Coral magazine had a series of articles in '04 about nutrients on reefs. T.Pohl is mentioned as observing bacteria additions causing polyp extention and overall growth. If you read this series, especially the part about how and why low nutrients on a reef work in conjuction with zoozanthellae, Zeovit really makes sense. I know if I discovered addition of bacteria would aid in coral growth, I would try to find a way to add bacteria, not just put glucose in a bottle.......

Can you scan and post that article?
    Hmm,is that alowed?Just change few words to avoid lawsuit (like reverse enginering)

Comment

yeah either that or are there any links to this info? I would love to read it.
      --Matt

Comment

Yea, please do scan the post we would love to read it

Comment

Greetings All !

T.Pohl is mentioned as observing bacteria additions causing polyp extention and overall growth.
          I know if I discovered addition of bacteria would aid in coral growth ...
          Peter Wilkens published similar observations as early as 1980. There's nothing new about the observations related to the apparent effects on coral behavior related to suspended microflora and microfauna in a low nutrient water column. What is new, it seems to me, is the emergence of what appears to be a reliable, easily replicable method of generating microflora and microfauna suspensions is saltwater aquaria. Sweet ... .

JMO.
          "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Peter Wilkens published similar observations as early as 1980. There's nothing new about the observations related to the apparent effects on coral behavior related to suspended microflora and microfauna in a low nutrient water column. What is new, it seems to me, is the emergence of what appears to be a reliable, easily replicable method of generating microflora and microfauna suspensions is saltwater aquaria. Sweet
            Gary, I think that's pretty much the crux for the heated discussions. The majority of people (including scientists) say it can't be done....
            Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Greetings All !

The majority of people (including scientists) say it can't be done....
              Shhhh ... I've purposefully withheld internet access from my SPS specimens so that they will not discover that their enhanced coloration, increased polyp extension, and increased growth rates are a myth ...

... Shhhh ...
              "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mesocosm
                Greetings All !

Shhhh ... I've purposefully withheld internet access from my SPS specimens so that they will not discover that their enhanced coloration, increased polyp extension, and increased growth rates are a myth ...

... Shhhh ...
                now we know what to do

Comment

haha... that is very funny .. I never let my corals hear all the hoop laaaa from RC they may just decide to go back to the poop brown they were before I started ZEO. Since afterall this is snake oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X