Am i over dosing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i over dosing?

Hey Bob and anyone else out there, i am getting alittle diatomish brown algae that is covering my streams and my 2 drains from the tank.

i am dosing the following,

1.2 ml of Start1 every day
    4 drops of bak/food7 2 time a week now.
    and 2 liters of stones with 200gph going through it, just check the gph and it was 200.

should i lower something?

i am going to dose spur2 today in about 3 hours.

anyway let me know!

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

I get that as well on my overflow, and streams. I dont think it to be a concern unless its all over the rock or faster accumulating on the glass
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Nick, I agree with Sean's excellent post I need to clean my OF teeth 2x's/wk & my Streams monthly. Start1 excess will result in diatoms daily on your panes & LR as Sean mentioned.[usually only slight accumulation by every 4th day] Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ok good then nothing to worry about since its not on my LR or glass.

thanks again guys!

very quick by the way, haha!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

6min not bad hahaha!!!
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Comment

yeah, i did notice today though i had some diatomious stuff on my back glass and i just wiped it off the day before.

should i maybe cut something back? 200 net?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

it seems like a good dosingi dose 1.5ml a day of start and 3 drops of food/bak a week and i have 125g net
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Maybe hold start for three days and see if it comes back as fast. If it doesnt cut back 25% see how that is and go with it from there. Cant wait to see those pics by the way fo them colonies
                Sean

Comment

yeah, the best part is he broke a peice of his awesome tort, so i got it i would say a 3" peice so it should grow out nice, maybe tuesday i will tomorrow i have a game.

i will hold start and see what happens, i notice the back glass if i dont wipe it down everyday it gets that flim.

thanks again guys!

Nick

Comment

well guys i am overdosing something. i am getting a flim on my substrate and glass planes.

should i cut back something?

i was thinking of going like .8ml of start split up into 3 dosings throughout the day and like 3 drops of food7/bak.

what should i do?

i am sposed to dose my bak and food7 tomorrow should i?

thanks guys!

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,I recommend holding all zeo's for 3 days, then when you begin these again, dose bak/food/start at 50% quantities at their normal frequencies. Discontinue any zeo-supplements until you're comfortable with the basic four again. I would recommend a hiatus from these for 2-3wks. Have you recently added fish or increased feedings? Plz. check your product water for TDS & Si's. These must be low or diatoms will be the result. Remember, Nick, the diatoms do not harm our corals but can be a visual cue of zeo-excess, or poor product water, which if the latter, will confuse the issue. Bob

Comment

thanks Bob, i checked my RO/DI water and the TDS are 0 and silcates are also zero, i think i am getting to a new stage in zeo and therefor need to lessen my dosing.

i will take your advise and proceed on, i am really getting the results i am looking for. like you say there must be something to this stuff, haha!

thanks again Bob!

Nick

P.S. check out the pics i am about to post!

Comment

oh yeah Bob what about start1? should i continue at 1.2ml? or go less? i assume i should hold start1 for 3 days also?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Yes, holding ALL zeo's doses includes StartBob

Comment

alright great then how much should i dose start1 at in 3 days?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X