Reef Crystals Test Results....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reef Crystals Test Results....

Well guys i did the test for those that wanted to see the results.

Its a freshly made batch, from a new bucket also.

here we go, all the test were done with safilert and a refratometer.

SG- 1.025
    Temp- 79 degrees
    alk- 10 dKH
    calcium- 380 ppm
    mag- 1200 ppm
    NO4- o ppm
    NO3- 0 ppm
    PO4- 0 PPM
    Amminoa- 0 ppm

let me know if you guys want anymore info.

hope this helps some of you.

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

isnt the alk a little bit too high for the zeo method? and the calciums pretty low too...

Comment

yeah ideally you want to be 7-8 alk and 400 calcium, but my tank paramters are 8.4 dKH and 400 ppm for calcium, so it works out alright. I am not exactly sure how, but it does.

also my mag in my tank is 1300 ppm, but i do run some mag granulates in my calcium reactor.

so this salt is working out fine for me IMO.

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Thanks nick, what test kits did you use and how new are they?

Comment

they are salifert and they are oh about 2-3 weeks old, so brand new almost.

and i did each test 2 times and got the same results, so i know its pretty accurate.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by jonah310
            isnt the alk a little bit too high for the zeo method? and the calciums pretty low too...
            For a 5% water change it won't make that much of an impact on your tanks parameters.

Nick - did you use RODI water when mixing this salt?
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Yep Ro/DI water and i am doing about a 10% water change, its what i do every week and my parameters have been this way for about oh 3 months, so this salt is working for me, although the one thing i do add is seachems mag to the Water change water to get that mag up to 1300 ppm. but thats it.

Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick very thorough

Comment

did you re test diffrent batches at the same salinity ?? if not please post if you do see how constant it is
                  Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

For those using Oceanic, be sure to check the parms of every new batch to be used. I recently, again, failed to do this with a new 200g bucket---KH-5.2 I'm in the process of losing one of my A.samonesis Takes thrice for dummiesBob
                    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

WHAT thats insane sorry to hear about this Bob i did notice the other week my ALK was higher in my new WC water but i always check my alk so i can buff it out wit baking soda
                      Nick
                      Nick
                      180G SPS Mainly
                      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                      Calcium Reactor
                      3 Tunze 6105's
                      Profilux Controller
                      ATB Return w/ wavysea
                      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Nick, oridinary I check my system KH daily, but recently I've been doubly busy in my practice, so this slipped for 4 days. Damn these salt makers. Of course, it would happen with a bad batch at this time.:sad: Bob

Comment

i know you do that what sux it always seem to happen this way its when u r carefull everythings fine yet when you figure well everything always good its easier right now to miss a step for now BAM
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hey Nick i tested on old batch i mean an old bucket of RC from about 2 months ago and got around the same result, i check every new buckett i get, just to make sure.

man Bob i am sorry to hear. i just ordered an A. somensis from RM today that big 9incher the purpleish one.

i hope yours makes it!

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick, that is a fabulous coral, plz. start it low for at least 7 days. Be sure the coral base is able to receive good current & light.I always prop the new coral above the level on the LR. My A.samonesis I've had for a long time, & I'm just hoping there is not a domino-effect with this KH debacle for some others. History, tells me swings in KH can effect corals wks. later Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X