What The!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The!?!?!

OK, i have had a yellow sacrophyton for a while now and it for some reason was going down hill for a few weeks in another aquarium then i moved it to my 75 gallon where it has been for 3 months or so, its health has neither increased or decreased. I look it closely today and WHAT?!?

There were THOUSANDS of tiny reddish specks crawling all over it very fast. They are about half the size of red bugs. I mean THOUSANDS of them. All they do is crawl all over the coral non-stop. I have never seen anything like this before. I have no idea what the heck they are. there are about 20 of them at one time continuously in a 1/6 by 1/6" area all over the coral. That is a lot of little critters!

I have no idea if they are beneficial or causing the corals health to decrease. Is there a certain paracite or a symbiotic critter that is on these bright yellow leather corals? I have had the yellow leather for at least a year. It just isnt doing anything.

i have no idea.....
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.
Working...
X