Well...The time has come....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...The time has come....

Well guys the time has come for me to try Spur2.

i am alittle nervious, i have a 200 gallon net tank and plan on doing 2 ml. is this a safe dose to begin with?

or should i go lower?

i am felling kind of nervous about this, but want to pull the trigger.

i am thinking tomorrow i will go for it....

anyone want to see some pics?

i have 2 corals i am really excited to see the change in, a greenish-brown millie i picked up to see what it woudl turn into and a yellowish tenius.

anyway let me know about the dose, i think 2 ml is good to start with.

then i wait and count the days to see how long they return to normal color right? ideally it should be 7-8 right? but of course this will take some time to figure out the correct dose.

so i shoudl wait about 10-12 days and dose again depending on how the color is right?

anyother things i am forgetting?

also i plan on dosing this tomorrow and doing a water change saturday, is that a problem?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Sorry I can’t help you with the dosing. It would be nice though if you could find the time to document the changes in your corals colors. It would help me to visualize what people are talking about when they mention color change.

Colin
    120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

Nick, I would up it to 4-5ml for first dose.. If you do not achieve coral coloration you can up the dose 1 ml and repeat in 7 days.. I would go 4ml today and if you see nothing do 5 next week.. Then you have to wait 2 weeks.. Then you can adj up or down depending on coral coloration and duration of effect.. I have 200 net and I am doing 5.5-6ml with GREAT results.. Do not be scared its a wondeful product... Tomorrow is saturday hehehe.. I would do the water change first then dose...

Comment

alright thanks Jeff, i will do the water change then dose.

you only have 200 net? how? i thought you had a 240 main tank?

i have a 180 plus about 45 gallons in my sump minus the 20% Bob suggests it comes out to about 200.

how do you only have 200?

thanks!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

350-400 lbs of rock heheheh.. I also have a 45 gallon sump that only has 30 gallons or so in it.. Good luck and you will be amazed at the use of this product... Growth goes crazy also.

Peace, Jeff

Comment

alright, well i will try it out and see what happens!

thanks again Jeff!

Nick

Comment

No problem Nick.. I would wonder if you have 200 net is all.. If your sump is 45 gallons you do not have it full I am sure and with rock displacement in the 180 I am not sure you would have 200 net... I would try 4ml first dose...

Comment

what is spur2 supposed to do? is it bad to overdose?

Comment

Yes this is def a no no for overdosing.. It influencses the amount of zooxanthellae in the coral tissue. If you dose to much it can actually reduce the zooxanthellae so much that the coral will not get enough energy from photosynthesis. Continued overdosing will cause the tissue to get thinner and thinner and can lead to loss of coral... If you find the right dose though this suppliment is simply amazing...

Jeff

Comment

oh, i see, so it reduces the amount of zoox in a coral, to show the true color right?

Comment

Correct..

Comment

Jeff i meant to say that i have a 70 gallon sump and i calculated it to be about 45 gallons.

Nick

Comment

Ok Nick that sounds about right then.. Good luck..

Jeff

Comment

Thanks i will post some pics of the change if i have time this weekend.

Nick

Comment

Not sure of your timing on all this, but aren't you planning on getting a batch of corals from Reefer Madness? If it is soon, why would you want to make any changes to your tank........especially experimenting with Spur2? Sounds like a very BAD idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X