Stage 1,2,3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1,2,3

As a newbie Zeovit user I hear alot of talk about 'your in stage 1' 2 etc..

But in the guide it doesnt really elaborate on what these stages are and when your into them... i know ill be in stage 1 as still on first batch of zeovit but can someone (Bob ) explain in more depth what other stages are, after what period of time etc etc...would make a good sticky for idiots like me

Cheers

Ga

Oh yeah and does anyone have any other links to read up on zeo apart from the usual

good question!
    --Matt

Comment

I thought so too

Ga

Comment

ZEOvit phases depend on the nutrient level & coral appearance. Nutrients are relatively high[with "pooled-reserves"] & corals are dull in coloration. Polyp-extension may or may not be present. Consider phase 1 the initiatation of ZEOvit method. The basic 4 are used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. As nutrients & "reserves" are depleted, the corals become brighter, lighter in appearance & the quantities of the zeo's dosed becomes less. Enter phase 2[~3-6mos], the corals continue to colorize more & nutrients are becoming more exhausted. During this phase, however, if dosing is stopped for more than a few days, nutrients again begin to rise, & corals become darker. This is due to "pooled-reserves" still remaining available. Phase 3[5-10months] is characterized by stable nutrients & color appearance of the corals, ie. if the zeo's are not dosed for many days, the N03's/P04's do not increase & coral colors remain fast. In this phase, the stored nutrients are exhausted, as evidenced by the low quantites of Bak/Food7/Start used, with coral color intensive. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks Bob thats cleared that one up, almost as clear as the water in my tank !!!

Cheers

Ga

Comment

cleared it up for me too! Thanks Bob!
            --Matt

Comment

mods - can we make this a stickey or even add it to the guide as a loose outline?
              --Matt

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Phase 2 is gonna rule
                65 SPS
                692Watts
                2085gph Max Flow
                Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

I posted a Sticky for you all

Comment

thanks for the explanation!!