Zeovit Bio-Mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prodman View Post
    I have been dosing bio-mate mixture with either ZZ and CS every day for last three weeks to treat algae and diatoms on the rocks and sand. The first 2 weeks I did not see much improvement. But in this last week things really turned around the rocks are almost clean. I am glad a kept with it.
    Good for you, Paul!! Yeah, as I've mentioned many times, that first few wks. can be awfully trying, as in my tank, it made the deposits more visible[worse] as the mixture was beginning to process them. Only the water became crystal-clear immediately. My feedback from others including Paul, reflects the gradual improvement. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

• Hey guys I assume i can still do my regular weekly water changes without wasting the product. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron_400d View Post
        Hey guys I assume i can still do my regular weekly water changes without wasting the product. ?
        WC's are no problem, although one probably shouldn't dose immediately before a scheduled WC. Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Aged Salt View Post
          Hi Aaron, I've been dosing [email protected] drop/25g net every other day now for 2 1/2 months & right now plan to continue this schedule while I push my zeolites to the 3mos period[on wk. 11 right now] & as long as my corals/reef continue to improve. I do mix BM either ZZ[1/2tsp/100g net] or PCS[1/2capful/100g net] These are first mixed in some tank water then allow the BM to mix for 5-10 mins. before dosing. Bob
          HI Bob.
          Thank you for the info. I have another question.

I konw zeolite exchange is in 6-8wks.
          After using Bio-mate,
          How can I know zeolite exchange timing?

Mulm?
          PO4?
          Coral color?

Any help much appriciated.

choi.

Comment

• Hi Choi, in a stabile nutrient poor system running zeovit for a longer time the replacement interval of the zeovit is usually 6 – 8 weeks but you might be able to lengthen it a little bit to lets say 10 weeks. You should first notice it on your corals, if they start to darken, looking not as brilliant as before a zeovit exchange can be helpful, just keep in mind the coral changes are a very slow process.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by tourinfo View Post
              HI Bob.
              Thank you for the info. I have another question.

I konw zeolite exchange is in 6-8wks.
              After using Bio-mate,
              How can I know zeolite exchange timing?

Mulm?
              PO4?
              Coral color?

Any help much appriciated.

choi.
              Hi Choi, the mulm becomes less with regular dosing of BM[either mixed or unmixed, every other day]. I don't test P04's but go by coral appearances/sand/rock accumulation/rapidity of pane film. I just did a zeolite exchange after 13wks. & for me the coral colors remained strong & unchanged, but during the last 7-10 days before changing the zeolites I began to notice more rock deposits accumulating & pane film showing up more quickly. So IME, if dosing BM every other day[mixed or unmixed] one can extend the life of the zeolites. I'm unable to say how much longer, as the zeolite exhaustion will depend on the system's nutrients that are being processed...the more tank nutrients, the shorter the zeolites shelf-life. Bob

Comment

• Thanks Alexander & Bob for the quick response and the details.

About five years I have used to Zeovit.
                Always, you have the answers to my questions & troubles.
                Zeovit system & forum tell me that was a lot about reef tank.

Thanks very much for zeovit members.

Choi.

Comment

• If I use a filter sock (200 micron) while dosing BM/ZZ mixture, am I just filtering much of it out of the water column? Same with CS?

Comment

• Hi, I always use a felt filter bag with the expected results when dosing the mixtures, so I would say it does not adversely effect the performance. Bob

Comment

• HI Bob, I just orderred BM ? is what dosage would you recomend to start. My current dosing is Bac. 11drops twice a week and ZF7 5 drops same time, net tank volume 285gal. I'm kind of scraced here with the reported fish deaths, as with anyone I don't want to loose any of my friends LOL

Comment

• Hi Guerry, I began with 4 drops/25g net w/o any fish losses, so don't put pressure on me A good starting dose is 1-2 drops/25g net every other day. I'd suggest mixing with 1tsp of ZZ after first mixing ZZ in a 1/2 pt. of tank water[just takes seconds] then add in your BM & allow to sit for a few mins. before dosing. Leave your skimmer on. This mixture does wonders for water clarity, sand & rock cleaniness as well as coral colors & growth. Bob

Comment

• Thanks Bob, I'll need to order the ZZ but thats no problem Aquarium Specialty is one day shipping for me

Comment

• Hello you still use this methid?

Comment

• Hi ya.

interesting bit of info
                              Thanks
                              i will give this a go

Comment

Working...
                              X