Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZEOvit change?

Hi all,

i'm currently in Phase 1. When it's time to do the first ZEOvit change? After 6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks?

THX!

Originally posted by heyp
    Hi all,

i'm currently in Phase 1. When it's time to do the first ZEOvit change? After 6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks?

THX!
    Most will say week 4..

Comment

How do you know that "it's time"?

Comment

heyp, when they're saturated[exhausted]. Generally, at first with higher doses of the zeo's, the zeolites molecular sieves will become "clogged" with "duff" filling the stone's sites more quickly, therefore, the 4wks time frame. This is not etched in stone[s]. After the 1st exchange of zeolites, the zeo-dosing quantites will decrease, as the nutrients corresponding are depleted, therefore, the interval time can be extended to 6wks before they become saturated. So, the general guideline of 4-10wks, as each tank will require different quantities of zeo's. I have found the 6wks changes to be ideal for coral color, as I have tried extending to the exchange period to 8wks, with negative effects to my corals. Coral color darkens considerably at wk.7. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Since starting ZEO I have been surprised at how fast some changes to colors can happen once nutrients are low.
          SteveU

Comment

Working...
          X