Clear All

• How about a Clam growth sequence?

Here is my 3 year old T. Deresa-
    Jan 02

Jan 03

Feb 04

Nov 04

CAReefer
    265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Great pictures. Are you sure it's derasa? The mantel looks like it, but the shell does not look like most of them (at least from the picture).
    Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

I wish my derasa is as colorful as that one, nice clam
      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Ger
        Great pictures. Are you sure it's derasa? The mantel looks like it, but the shell does not look like most of them (at least from the picture).
        looks like a maxima to me.. the shell is not a derasa shell.. none that I have seen anyways.? Also derasa's are not usually that blue. I have been wrong before though

Comment

Heck, could be a Maxima. I was told 3 years ago when I bought it, that it is a Deresa. In the 2nd pic, I was told the one on the right is a Crocea, it outgrew my 75 and I gave it to a buddy, but I kept the (Deresa?). Maybe I will post a similar thread over at that other BB and see if I can get a positive i.d. not that it really matter. I will get a better current pic tonight with an Ocellaris next to it for size reference. When I moved it in Jan of last year from my 75 to the 225, it easily weighed 7 or 8 lbs. Has grown at least 2 inches in the last year and gotten significantly wider. Hate to think what it weighs now.

CAReefer
          265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

It looks to me to be a maxima, esp. by the pick of the baby clam But its a big boy none the less
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

first pic is t. maxima , second pic the clam on the right is t.squamosa..

i really love the 3rd pic, those darn clowns
              Nam

Comment

Working...
              X