Yikes, tip thinning!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes, tip thinning!!!

I think I have this problem with a few corals. I haven't done anything but change out my media after my 4 week mark and I am dosing start 2. Can someone please tell me if I am screwed and what tip thinning looks like.

Thanks,
    Todd

Hi Todd, can you post a picture? The thinning or recession of tissue at the tips is basically near-bare areas. To differentiate between "growth" & tissue recession, simply remove the coral for 30 sec. Observe the tips, if the areas are growth, the tissue below the tip will be "moist"; if it is thinning, this area will be "dry". Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

It looks like there is stuff hanging off the tips, like debris caught on them. Could this be tissue pulling off? It doesn't seem like this should be, cause the tank looks great.

Comment

Only on 1 piece and maybe another.

Comment

Todd, if it collecting algae, it's tissue-loss. This can be from photo-burn, swings in parameters but not from Start2. With ZEOvit, your water has become more clear, more light is transmitted to the coral tops, so if it's in a high area of your reef, I suspect that the cause. Bob

Comment

photoburn would be my guess since you are fairly new to zeo
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Photo burn it is! Since it is my only piece 7 inchs under my 250's! Thanks guys! Am I screwed with this piece? It looks great it a Loripes(SP) and has a yellowish white tine so it's hard to tell.

Comment

Hi Todd, I'd place it down lower within the reef for a few wks. to recover. Be sure it receives good flowBob

Comment

should recover todd. IME, while i have been on zeo, corals have an increased vitality after tissue loss. It just seems to come back Before zeo, if there was tissue loss, time to frag and then most likely lose it anyway
                  Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
                  X