ZEOliths & JBJ Nano Cubes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZEOliths & JBJ Nano Cubes..

I was curious. Would I be able to put a smaller amount of ZEOliths in a bag in the back sections of my nano and use the ZEO system?

They wouldn't have to be in direct flow as I could manage to put them in a "dead zone" of flow.

Just curious..

It's 12gs.

Hi Sean, you sure can. Just try to leave some space to "shake" the bag once a day.Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

It won't matter that I can't do 3 on/off setup?

Comment

Nope, I don't think that's feasible Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

do you have a skimmer on the tank? Cause wouldn't you need a skimmer?

-Tim

Comment

I don't have a skimmer, I would replace skimming with more frequent water changes.

A skimmer is not an option on this confinded tank.

Comment

hehe.. let me know how it goes bro, i want to do one also ..

Comment

I'm interested too. Are you doing sps in it? Also are you going to upgrade the lighting and to what?

-Tim

Comment

Ok.

This project is on hold till I can get rock; I can't afford the $177 premium aquatic wants to ship me 15 lbs. I'll be driving to visit a friend and I'll purchase some rock from him in the next couple of weeks.

Allow me to outline the project and give you a brief intro:

I have a 12 OG (24w) JBJ nano; I just purchases a new DX hood (2 fans, 48w PC light).

Upgrades:
                  Pump - I'm using a MaxiJet1200 in the back to do my flow, it makes a little heat, but I don't have a problem battling it; but you can't beat 300gph in a 12g. *completed*

Light - I'm adding 48w MORE PC light to the hood. Roughly ~$82 for the ballast + remote leads.

Surface skimming - I found this mod on nano-reef; using part of an old cassette tape case, you can reproduce an overflow box effect on the rear vent. (I'll get a link later).

I want the tank to keep his nano cube look with all the clean lines. So I want to use ZEO to help me combat the nutrient levels that may arise in the tank. As for coral, I would love to have SPS and I probably will once I have the tank up and running.

Comment

Working...
                  X