Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering 3rd month into Zeovit system

Entering 3rd month into Zeovit! Water parameters as below:
    pH - between 8.1 and 8.3 (when light is on)
    Mag - 1200 to 1300
    KH - between 7 and 9 (how to get it stablise at 7?)
    Cal - 400 +
    ORP - 450 to 470 (doubt the reading is accurate, need to clean the pobe)
    LPS
    - looking good! Hammers are opening up big, bubbles are nicer now and others such as zoos, clams, etc are doing well. Some star polys spreading or growing to other rocks.

SPS
    - still brown for most, others seem little green. Few sps' tips turn white? Monti is colour up now.

Dosing (about 80 gal):
    - ZEOfood and ZEObak twice a week 3 drops each.
    - ZEOstart daily 0.5ml

Questions:
    - Why still not much progress in sps? Is it normal?
    - Heard that ZEOspur can colour up sps, should use it?
    - What other ZEO additive should I use in order to colour up sps?
    - PO4 and NO3 are coming down but why still not down to 0 yet?
    - See some green hairy algee on one of the rocks, any concern?
    - Some green algee growing on the glass, some small alges have some kind hair, others are just green spots. But overall not alot. Anything to concern about?

txs

Hi, how long has this tank been running before you started Zeovit?

What are your NO3 and PO4 levels and which test kit do you use?
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Good questions, Timon. Also what salt mix are you using? How are you maintaining the parmeters? Thnx. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Few sps' tips turn white?
        - Why still not much progress in sps? Is it normal?
        Sounds like your SPS are showing good signs of "growth tips".
        Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

The tank is about a year old now. I started Zeovit about 11 months after I setup the tank. The parameters details:
          (1) Saltmix - Tropic Marin
          (2) NO3 - 5 (Sera)
          (3) Mag - 1200 -1300 (Salifert)
          (4) Kh - 7 - 8 (Sera)
          (5) Cal - 400+ (Sera)
          (6) PO4 - min (sera) cant get the exact reading due to lost of the colour chart

I have 3 fish, goby, damsel and tomato, in the tank and I don't feed them. Change water about 15g once every 1 to 2 months. I use Remora Pro and it skims well, need to clean the cup every 2 to 3 days.

Comment

Hi BlueTang, with your nutrients still testing positive & some algae appearing, I'd recommend the following:
            1) 3/4 ltr. zeolite at a flow rate of of 80gph/320l/h. Exchange these every 6wks.
            2) 3/4 Cup carbon changed monthly. Knead this every other day.this will prevent channeling.
            3) Continue your present doses of bak/food7. Be sure to turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing these.
            4) Increase Start1 to .5ml 2x's/day daily. this will enable the ZEOvit system to lower your nutrients. Also pump clean the stones more often--3-4 x's/day if possible. Excess visual cues of Start1 will be a brownish/green strong film on the panes or LR or coral tip tissue recession. If the film becomes more slimey, reduce Start1, after abating it's dosing for 2-3 days. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

If I read that right you have only been on zeo a month correct? I see you say 3 months but I read the statement "The tank is about a year old now. I started Zeovit about 11 months after I setup the tank". If so give it some time.. The system does work and work very well.. The MOST important thing I can stress about the zeo system is take it slow and the rewards will be WORTH IT.. I am living proof of that. Or as Bob would say I am the poster boy for zeovit hehehe.... Good luck with your tank.. Sounds like you do have new growth tips on the sps also.. I have also notcied the longer the coral was kept in a nutrient rich environment the longer it takes for it to color back up..

Peace, Jeff
              Last edited by gqjeff; 04-19-2005, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X