Should i skim with spur2 or not. help quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i skim with spur2 or not. help quick

I dosed yesterday night a full dose i believe. 10 ml on a 300 gall total system. I think i used enough. Im not sure if i should skim or not. I havent been. lmk asap hopefully tonight before i go to bed. thanx Kevin

Kevin, was this your first time dosing? Its recommend to dose at 60% and then increase.. I seriously hope you do not get RTN on some of your weaker corals or darker corals... This stuff is VERY powerful. I REALLY hope it works out for you ok.... I never turn the skimmer off unless I does bac and food.. I think thats the censensus... Again I reallyhope your corals hold up well.. I have dosed 4 times and I am only dosing at 75% with excellent results...

Comment

ps i havent seen any changes yet. been 24hrs

Comment

SPUR2 correct? What are your nutrients at? Its best used in late stage 2 or stage 3.. I would be happy if you are not seeing results.. I think you def overdosed for a first dose...

Comment

spur2 will show real gd result unless your nutrient level is low...
          if it's high then dosing spur2 wont have much result and u cant see the change...
          ---------------------------
          180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

skim or not

Comment

opps never mind
              Last edited by Brad Villeggiante; 04-14-2005, 10:39 PM.
              You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

I skim with spur2 and have great results....

Comment

Now im confused. Im kinda leary about skimming out the spur. my skimmer is nutty. 1400 etss its reallly effective. hopefully ger or bob can chime in. to make the deciding votes. thanx for the info guys. I still want a full tank pic jeff.

Comment

My fault I totally screwed up, I meant to say skimming is fine. I do skim I just said that wrong and will now edit it. Sorry for the confusion.
                    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Kevin as Jeff as Jeff and Brad have already mentioned you should continue to skim. Usually the only time the skimmer is shut of is after a dose of bak/food for about 1 hour.
                      Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Kevin, Jeff, Brad & Dustin are correct, one dose not turn off the skimmer when dosing Spur2. Also be sure the dose mixes well & do not dose directly into the main display if at all possible. Also, Kevin, if the majority of your corals are Fiji,[So. Pacific] Spur2 has less effect on these coralsBob
                        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hey bob how did that dose level sound on a 260 tank with a 55 sump. thanx Kevin

Comment

As Jeff mentioned, Kevin, you're going for the gusto right off the bat But actually, Kevin determining the correct dosage of Spur2 is difficult as many factors affect it's action on our corals. Do you have any Monti caps, as these seem to respond well for Spur2 titration? Bob
                            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
                            X