Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph is at 7.8 at 2:00pm

Is this PH level ok?

it's little low Todd. I would open up your windows to get some fresh air in. You can also use marine buffer every morning to raise it up slowly. Once you get to the right ph level, you use buffer dkh or reef builder to right alk 8.0. If you alk is stable your ph should be easier to maintain. I forgot to ask. Do you have ca reactor?

Thanks,

Comment

I don't run a calcium reactor and it's really hard to keep the windows open as I live close to the freeway. I dose B-Ionic each morning. Any other ideas? and what will hapen with the PH at this level?

Comment

you should run your skimmer intake out to fresh air. I used to do it and it raised the ph. Test your tank water first by airating a cup inside and a cup outside for 20-30 min, if the cup from outside raised in ph you have too much accumulated CO2 in the house.
        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Good suggestion, Sean, also Todd, split the 2part into AM & PM dosing, that is, dose Ca component in the AM, & the buffer component in the PM. This also will magnify the buffer effect w/o any chance of precipatation. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

But, no worries correct? I'm not on a short road to disaster here right?

Comment

Nope, just as long as it is not swinging from 7.8 to 8.4 Mine runs about 7.9 to 8.15 on a daily basis
              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
              X