Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

Most of the pictures and tanks from those I've seen using Zeovit seem to show pictures of SPS corals. Does Zeovit only affect SPS corals? Or, does it also improve color in LPS and soft corals? What's your experience?
    Skip Attix
    Editor - Reefkeeping Magazine

In my experience, softies & LPS arent affected as much as SPS. BUT if you use ZEOspur2, it does affect them and they get lighter which is something i dont like for softies. The darker the softies, the richer they look. Without using ZEOspur2 and just the regular ZEOvit, it does improve overall health and with good health, you will get a more pristine look just like you would in a fish by feeding them right. I have a garden of ricordias that have been doing extremely well with ZEOvit. Ive bought some scolymias to test out LPS in ZEOvit. so we will see how they do.

Comment

Since starting Zeo I have also noticed the skits on my Zoanthids become lighter, but as for lps they just see to extend their feeder tentacles more (this due to the mulm resease when pumping the stones 2 or 3 times a day
      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Skipper, I have heard of one or two people claiming their LPS looked better (color, extension) but it's mostly sps corals that you see the greatest improvements. This shouldn't be looked at as if the LPS don't do well with ZEOvit, they do do well. Most people have more trouble keeping color and/or health in their sps than they do LPS so that's why the affects might be seen easier in SPS.

Comment

They do make a new product for LPS though.. Maybe check into that...

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.
            Skip Attix
            Editor - Reefkeeping Magazine

Comment

I have a branching hammer coral that had browned out shortly after upgrading to MH (250HQI from 2x36PC). I am at week 3 on zeo now and I am starting to see the green base and pink tips starting to come back. I don't know if zeo is the reason for this, but with all of my sps coloring up too, I like to think so.
              --Matt

Comment

Working...
              X