Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just started zeovit need some recomendations

Tell us about your tank.
    Please give us answers to the following questions in order to get more accurate dosing recommendations.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.)305 gallons
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.)250 gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique yes calcium reactor with 10-13%zeo mag granulate
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)no
    5. Are you using Ozone no
    6. Are you using UV no
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)mr4 dual beckett 1500 gph
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels both undetectable although no3 has been 1-2.5 recently
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels ca405 alk7.5 mg1260
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    2 refugiums and dsb
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)3-400w 6700k 2-175w 20k one year old changing soon might change color temp to 10k 400s and 20k 175s
    12. What corals do you keep sps,lps,soft
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) dark
    14. How long has the tank been running 2 years
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system sounds good if you use it right, and lighter colors
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)b-ionic mg, calc chloride, (ph buffers rarely)
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)250 lbs
    18. Any present problems no
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)salifert and lamotte all less than one year old
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)zeovit 1.5-1.7liters 90 gph, zeobak 10drops per day,zeo food7(10 drops per day), zeo start2 (1.5ml 2xs per day)aalps 4.5 ml once per day.
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)

I know there are a lot of questions. Please be as detailed (and honest) as possible and feel free to elaborate on anything else you think may be important.

I just started zeovit reactor and dosing today.I still have refugiums and kalkwasser reactor hooked up. I'll be getting rid of the algae and probably the kalk water reeactor. I have my skimmer and carbon in my main sump and the zeovit reactor in a smaller low flow sump265 gph, is this ok to do. Are the supplements I 'm using to raise my ca, alk, & mag all right to use on zeo I hopefully can stop with the mag dosing when the mag granulate starts to maintain my target level I started the mg granulate today to. I also have quite a few fish 25-28 3 large tangs 4 anthias the main waste machines I feed twice per day various frozen foods. a litte slime algae appeared recently which was when the no3 became slightly detectable I think it was over feeding with flake which I stopped now. my tank is 225 gal , 3sumps:50 gal rubbermaid, 18 gal sump, 7 gal little sump maybe 5-10 gallons more with skimmer reactor and plumbing. Should you dose aalps and aahc at lower rates when using both or do you not need to use both. any suggestions in dosing regimine or about anything at all would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi rjf, & welcome to ZEOvit.com. Yes, the ZEOvit method will result in crystal clear, nutrient-poor water This is a wonderful method with very little maintenance. Your correct in that KW is not used with ZEOvit. I want to emphaze the importance of thoroughly reading all material in the stickies at the top of this forum. Your parameters are fine. I would recommend the following for your system:
    1) dose 3/4ltr. carbon, in a filter sock, passively, perferably in a low flow sump area. Knead this every other day. Change the carbon every 4wks. After the initial 4 wk. period, the dosage of carbon should be increased to 1ltr.
    2) dose 2ltrs. zeolites in a zeo-filter with a flow rate of 200gph. A little more or less is fine. Pump clean the stones 2-3x's/day, & exchange these in 4wks. Thereafter, the interval is increased to every 6wks.
    3) Dose bak/food 8drops each daily for the first 2wks. then 8 drops ea. 2x's/wk. Dose these in front of your zeo-filter pump. Turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing.
    4) Dose Start1--1ml 2x's/day daily for the next 4wks. It is not necessary to turn off your skimmer when just dosing Start
    5) Initially, dose AAHC & AALPS 2-3x's/wk & yes, these if dosed together, are additive, therefore, reduce the quantities of each by 1/2. Ask any questions that you may have Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob , so I guess I was slightly overdosing bac,start, and food and my flow and zoelites were a little low. also I have start 2 ,is the dose still the same as you said for start1. So can I dose aahc and aalps from the start is this benfical or a waste, should I use one or the other or both at half strength I read that aalps was good to use in the begining ? Dosing bac/food in front of the reactor you mean so the reactor sucks it up or it gets sucked into the tank. When will these dosing parameters change and other additives used (zeospurme,zeospur2, iron,etc) and when will flow rates and zeolite material increase, will the flow rate always be 100gph per liter. my system is 250 gallons 300-305 gross i think. Thanks

Comment

Hi rjf, yes, some dosing adjustments have been recommended. If you have both SPS/LPS corals, use both at the beginning at 50% the ZEOvit guide dosing. Follow the dosing guidelines[new sticky at the top of "general discussion" forum] for Start2 based on your net vol. in phase 1. After your first zeolite exchange, increase the quantity of zeolites to 2 1/2ltr & increase the flow rate to 250gph. With Start2 instead of Start1 usage, Food7 doses that I gave above will change to 6 drops instead of 8 drops. Bak remains at 8 drops. Excess zeo-dosing will manifest itself with slime formation w/w/o bubbles on your LR, dark brown film on your panes, or darkening of your corals. If this occurs, reduce all dosing by 25% quantities. Zeo-dosing is directed near the intake pump of one's zeolite filter to enable a higher "first pass" concentration of these to seed/feed the zeolites. Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob your a great help. I s the only reason you can't use refugiums is because the algae will eventually die and pollute your tank? I have mine still going but I want to put them in a seperate tank and keep them alive(gracilara) to feed my tangs. No kw because it sends phosphates into the sand bed. Thanks

Comment

Hi rjf, you're correct on both counts, but some zeo-users maintain refugiums--your call if you wish. Bob

Comment

Do most people keep their refugiums running but they just remove the algae? I would like to use mine as a coral holding area. I think detris builds up in these with such low flow rates so I was going to put powerheads in there so I can keep frags and to keep the detris off the ground of the fuge, the lighting is strong enough.

Comment

Hi, I would favor your idea of removing the algae & using same for a grow-out area. This is fine Bob

Comment

Working...
                X