Carbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon?

Hey guys i got some of the carbon from the captive oceans site through madison and it seems smaller than my black diamond carbon, i am wondering what type of filter bags you guys use? i got soem new ones through

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=EA1113 they are the 300 micron ones

shoudl i go with the 800 micron ones?

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=EA1133 like this one?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Nick, good question. As you have noticed the zeo-carbon is much finer than many others, therefore, the 300 mic.would be useful. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

i got the 300 micron one, but the carbon still comes out of it? anyother suggestions?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Nick, is the carbon coming thru the body of the bag or thru the top. I plastic klamp the top of the carbon bag Bob

Comment

coming through the sides i use a zip tie and get it good and tight aroudn the top.

Nick

Comment

is there anyother bags that work well with this carbon?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Nick, I went to the hobby shop and bought a yard of wedding vail (smallish holes) for $0.99. then I just get a couple layers, add the carbon and wrap it around the carbon a few times. This does a pretty good job of keeping it in. I might loose a few pieces but no big deal.

Comment

well one of my LFS owner told me to use woman socking.. It's cheap and good to use.
                ---------------------------
                180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

Keigo, good idea, now if I can get the Mrs. to give up the fish-net panty hose, maybe that would allow the 1 1/2ltrs of carbon--but wait, I like those those on her,LOL Bob

Comment

Please make sure to wash the w-socks in hot water before usage. Also white coloured would be saver, because they could not leach colour. Just a security procedure because we do not know what they could leach.

I use them since many years without any problems, works fine.

G.Alexander

Comment

thanks guys i might check that out madison.

i have been letting it sit over night and i will see how much small particels leeched out. i might have to make a tripthe the welding store haha!

thanks again!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander
                        Please make sure to wash the w-socks in hot water before usage. Also white coloured would be saver, because they could not leach colour. Just a security procedure because we do not know what they could leach.

I use them since many years without any problems, works fine.

G.Alexander
                        see bob even Alexander also use the sock....
                        Alexander u always fighting with your wife over which socking to get.. lolz...
                        joking...
                        180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

Comment

I would never fight with her because of socks

If I need new socks for carbon, you can notice a man with a red head running out of a lingerie shop. If you meet him, ask him if his name is Alexander

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander
                            I would never fight with her because of socks

If I need new socks for carbon, you can notice a man with a red head running out of a lingerie shop. If you meet him, ask him if his name is Alexander

G.Alexander
                            lolz.. So i guess the rumors is true.. the red head socking theif..

Comment

Working...
                            X