Zeobak gram stain thread on RC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeobak gram stain thread on RC

I'm sure many of you are following this. Unfortunately, some are quick to jump to conclusions, and others would love to see zeovit discredited.

However, those who actually have knowledge and experience with these things, are saying that the lack of bacteria on the gram stain is a definite concern.

My understanding is that cayman_snorkler will be testing an unopened bottle on Wednesday. Hopefully, he will find bacteria, and lay this to rest.

However, I'm not sure we should rely on this happening. We know that Thomas Pohl is not going to reveal his process for preparing zeobak, or the strains involved. However, I think that some sort of proactive measures to assure people that zeobak actually contains bacteria, may be in order.

Gary,

have you considered having a bottle of zeobak tested? I know some would consider the results suspect coming from you, but I think it could still be worthwhile.

Tom
    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Tom, I am following this, but (although it is false advertising ) IMO i do not care if he finds any bac, i do want him to though. I say this b/c I know that it contains something that plays a vital role in this system, although it may not be what it is supposed to be . I just hope im not spending $20 on a bottle of simple sugar(glucose)
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I am sure if someone figures out the right way to test for the right thing they will find the right incredients. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be a smartass. I trust Thomas 100%. He chose not to disclose the incredients or the process of making this supplement work the way it does. It is his decision and I fully respect it.

Tom, the problem with having it tested is that people won't believe the results because it would come from me. Plus, I would have to know the right way to test for the right thing...
      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Thats good enough for me Gary Im sure it contains bacteria. Some of these bugs are very resistant to many dyes and chemicals. I just love seeing all the skeptics jumping to conclusions and trying to say I told you so with no basis for thier arguments, except that they think their
        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Comment

Its possible that he wont find anything.. there is a certain procedure that I cannot disclose for the ZEObac to be known of its bacteria existence. Thats all I can say and am respecting T Pohl for this decision.

Comment

To rethink my desicion I actually hope he doesnt find anything. If he doesnt that means that Pohl relly did one hell of a job of making it very diff. to find out the ingredients. Which in turn will send the non believers into a feeding frenzy that may be fun to watch
            Sean

Comment

i think you should keep the history in mind, thomas is "discussion" this for years now in germany, german reefer actually got upset with thomas about not telling whats in there, so thats nothing new, BIG threads in german forums just like that, first arguing about IF zeo works or not as soon it was clear it works then it starts "whats in there?" that goes on for years now, german companys trying to find out how it works and i assume they spend some money on it to find out so far without luck,
              watching the zeo threads come and go arguing about whats in there, i have no doubt thomas will not tell and i wouldnt either, he had to be a total idiot to say anything, i would have named the bottles ZEO 1 -2 -3 ect

Comment

agree.. just like pesi they also treat it as secret. Only an idiot will tell what inside and let other earn for nothing.
                ---------------------------
                180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

The skeptics always say something like "there is no way Thomas Pohl could have come up with a way to hide the bacteria from these tests". What's not talked about is that there is probably a 3rd party (lab/control facility) that actually does this for Thomas instead of him doing it all himself.

Comment

Heinz you are right, this was always a discussion all around the world with most of his products.

Putting the explanations together, the system can not work, because most of the components are useless.

G.Alexander

Comment

Heinz, Alexander, thnx. for the German forums background information. It is unforunate, but apparently the RC thread will go the way that you have already experienced on the German forums. Bob
                      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

lolz.. it's always expected... why not bob you can try dose sugar instead of bak and see how it go.. :p
                        ---------------------------
                        180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

Sorry to be a dissenter here, but I'm going to reserve judgement on this one.
                          It is not realistic to say that the bacteria are in there, but somehow hidden from all the detection mechanisms of modern science. If they are in there, they will be found.
                          It is not unknown for some "spin" to be put on the way a product works. In my personal opinion, we may just have to accept being happy with the results of the system, but yet unsure of just what's in there.

Comment

It is not realistic to say that the bacteria are in there, but somehow hidden from all the detection mechanisms of modern science.
                            So with the modern science some of them found that in zeobak are pee ?
                            LOL,I am afraid to even think about what will some of them found in zeospur (asuming that is next aditives to test)

Comment

Here is my concern; it has been clearly stated that zeobak contains bacteria. Most people can understand trade secrets, but they expect the information that is given to be truthful. If you say there are bacteria, there had better be bacteria.

If an unopened bottle doesn't show any bacteria on the gram stain, many (including those who have credibility, because of their training, knowledge and experience in this area) will take this as "conclusive proof" that zeobak does not contain any bacteria. Rightly or wrongly, the people with knowledge in this area are not buying explanations about "encapsulated" or "hidden" bacteria.

They will not feel the need to keep digging, but will conclude that Thomas Pohl is lying about the contents of zeobak. This will swing the opinion of many who may be on the fence about zeovit. Withholding proprietary information is one thing, but lying is another.

What is needed is simple confirmation that there are, as clearly stated, bacteria in zeobak. If, for whatever reason, the bacteria in zeobak cannot be detected with gram stain or other standard lab tests, then is there another test that will detect them? It is not necessary for Thomas to reveal proprietary information about preparation and strains, just give a way to confirm the presence of bacteria.

Tom
                              Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

Working...
                              X