Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't link pics from RC gallery

Everyone...
    Don't link images in your RC Gallery to show in this forum. Everytime the images shows here it is logged and RC will see that it stops.
    FYI
    From the RC Gallery page... "Please do not link to images in the gallery from other websites. Abuses will result in loss of posting priviledges on Reef Central."
    SteveU
    Last edited by GTR; 01-24-2005, 05:03 PM.

Steve, that's a fair point, & should not be done. BTW, my good zeo-buddy, is this heaven or what Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I've seen it done twice today and RC will find it quickly.

Nice forum and I look forward to it's growth and our continued friendships without the hassles. But I might miss the excitement from time to time.

SteveU

Comment

I just signed up with Photo Bucket, and it seems to work well. Is there provision for galleries on this site? Also, can we upload images as attachments?

Sometimes I feel too lazy to upload and link pics from another site

Tom
        Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

Tom...
          http://reg.imageshack.us/register.php

If you meant here on Zeovit.com, I don't think it's available yet. It takes a lot of server, storage and bandwidth to host pics.
          SteveU
          Last edited by GTR; 01-24-2005, 05:36 PM.

Comment

We're all allowed to go over there for a peek once in a while, just don't fall asleep in the zeo-products forum
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
              is this heaven or what Bob
              yea, thats true, but i have to say i miss PUG, he gave me always a reason to laugh

also the closed zeo threads in the SPS forum was always fun

well you can't have everything

Comment

Im sure PUG will eventually make his way over here, it only takes time
                Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Berry
                  I just signed up with Photo Bucket, and it seems to work well. Is there provision for galleries on this site? Also, can we upload images as attachments?

Sometimes I feel too lazy to upload and link pics from another site

Tom
                  nope there are way too many free online hosts that do a fantastic job .. Photobucket is what I use and love.

If we allow people to upload then it will SLOW down the server, take up space, and make you all mad, b/c the server will drag and drag..

I hope you all understand, we are doing this for you all.

Thanks,
                  Scott

Comment

there are way too many free online hosts that do a fantastic job
                    That makes sense. I guess I can take the little bit of extra effort
                    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

I use Photobucket as well, thumbsup to scott for looking to the future for us Zeoheads . No more sorry the server is fully loaded please try to search later, ugh I hate that
                      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Just one thing to be aware with photobucket, I recently subscribed as a free user, and then shortly afterwards both a browser hijacker and a key logger showed up installed on my PC. Don't know if it's pure coincidence but they have to make money somehow.
                        If anyone is wondering what nasties may be lurking on your PC, an excellent piece of software to have running is Counterspy. Most AV will not get all this other junk.

Comment

Working...
                        X