what got you into ZEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what got you into ZEO

time for a bedtime story! tell how you got into zeo...

Well...

I had just ordered metal halide lighting with vho's about 3 months earlier so I could get into SPS. I liked the new lighting but I still wasn't seeing much growth out of my SPS frags. I stumbled onto zeovit on RC and after researching it a bit figured why the hell not. I had little to lose and a lot to gain, luckily with zeo I gained everything and lost nothing.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

I am always looking for something new and improved and when I first heard of ZEOvit back in June or July last year I said thats it I have to try it. And after all the heat over at RC with people saying it could not possibly do what it says and with people with proof that it does I figured, hey I will give it a try. That was in August.

I had always struggled with a bit of NO3/PO4 and now both are undetectable per Salifert. The only thing I changed was the addition of ZEOvit. I was already doing weekly water changes and changeing carbon monthly.
      Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

A method that is less time-consuming & expensive, compared to using frequent changes of copious quantities of P04 removers/Purigen/Poly-filters/carbon which still resulted in so-so results. ZEOvit gives twice the results in 1/2 the time spent as previously Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

It seems to work well for many very advanced SPS keepers and it's not really expensive to get started and maintain. The system also appealed more to me than using Rowaphos, ozone, UV, a macro algae refugium, a denitrator etc. etc. so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. If it really works as good as the proponents say then awesome, if not then at least I tried and know for sure without really losing a lot of time or money.

I am only two weeks in so the jury hasn't made their verdict yet, but I will say that maintenance wise Zeovit is less work on a day to day bases than feeding the fish, in other words negligible. I have found that skimming performance has drastically improved in the second week and I do suspect that Zeo has something to do with that.
          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

I thought what the hell, Im one of those people that like to add little drops to my tank (there is a reference here lets see if someone realizes it)
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

i saw it on RC n heard all the brew ha ha about how it all snake oil i then said screw it lt me see wgat its about myself im more of a leader then follower so i tend to do things others s o no about
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
              X