Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Brancheau hooked me up with a great pack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Brancheau hooked me up with a great pack.

I just wanted to let everyone on the forum know that i just recieved a very nice pack of corals from john. He sent me many of his nicest pieces. We have been talking back and forth since my tank meltdown and offered me a pack free of charge. I know his stuff is awesome so i took him up on it. I have been battling to get my tank back to its former self after a salinity drop after my ro unit was left on feeding my sump. Lost 45 different species of acros. Was a terrible day. John has been in contact with me since the crash and has been offering for 3 months. I just wanted to let you guys know that he is a super guy... sure you already knew. I would love to see his tank in person one day. Hes only a state away :teleport: kevin

Kevin, your welcome, glad everything made it ok.....

It is the least I could do, I could only imagine what it must have felt like to see your whole reef dying..........We work so hard to get these mini reefs thriving, and then one small accident, and it is all gone........

Take good care of my babies, I may need to call on you one day( If I do not quit tweaking my system)

I was also thinking we are probably not that far away from each other, we should hook up sometime........ Maybe I can let you know when our next big frag swap is.......

John
    IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

flyin2jz- when did you get your tank set back up? it was such a beauty? where do you live? i live close to John about an hour South towards Ohio. Your tank was truely inspiring to me and i knwo your new one will be even better!

Is it the same size? any new pics?

if you get a chance to see John's tank in person it is truely amazing! I saw it oh i would say 6-7 months ago and it was amazing! I cant even think of what it is like now! I need to get up there and check it out!

anyway good luck with the new setup, and post some pics! i assume you are still using Zeo?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Hey nick its still 7ft by 24t by 30d. I left it set up after the meltdown. I skimmed hard and did a ton of water changes. My tank is a dirty little puddle right now i would be scared to post pics of it. I may post one tomorrow if everyone promises not to laugh. Yea john we will get together at the frag swap. We have one in columbus thats pretty good you could come to. thanz again john for the great stuff. I will atleast put pics of the good stuff john gave me. Kevin

Comment

no one will laugh at you, espically with what you created before! give it time and i am sure it will be better than your last tank.

post pics of what you got too and a full tank shot! i would love to see it!

do you still have that regal or no? where did you get it? i am trying to find one but come up empty handed every time.

thanks!

Nick
          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

O yea i still have her. Shes been thru alot of bad times and came thru like a champ. I got it at gerbers in dayton. Paid like 60 bux for it. Eats great. expecially zoos. I bought a sweet 100buck piece and it ate them in 3 hrs. I was really upset. Came home to a 100dollar piece of lr. hehe. O well. I will post a pic tomorrow. Just dont laugh. laterz Kevin

Comment

John you are awesome man, glad to hear you are back up and running Kevin
              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Thnx. John, for being here Bob
                "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Lets dont forget bob. He really helped me out when the tank went down. We need more people like john/bob/gary in this world. kevin

Comment

alright Kevin i have been waiting all day, i want to see some pics! haha!

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Kevin,

You promised pics,,,,Where are they........?
                      IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Working...
                      X