Want to put sand bed back in tank ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to put sand bed back in tank ???

When starting zeovit I removed a lot of my sand bed, however I still have quit a bit towards the back of the tank, I really do not like the bare base look, please can you give me your opinions on adding some more aragonite to the front of the tank to give it a more natural appeal?
    How much do you think it will affect the tank parameters?

Would you advice it or not?

Thanks

Hi Christiaan, Alexander uses a ssb with flow from the back of his basin toward the front, keeping the sand located in the front part of his reef. It's whatever one wishes, but the flow pattern in the front of your reef may need to be adjusted somewhat to prevent sand storms. I may also go to a ssb down the line for esethetic purposes. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

thanks again Bob, sorry for my ignorance but what does ssb stand for ?

Comment

ssb=shallow sandbed--sorry for my shortcuts Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

no that’s cool thx Bob, and picked up your recommendations on the other thread will do as you advice.... p.s don’t know how this site would cope with out your help!!!! Thanks again so much for everything!!!!

Christiaan

Comment

If you add sand back in I would suggest a grain size of 2 or 3 mm. Sugar fine sand typically gets blown all over the place with the kind of flow required by your SPS.
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Working...
            X