Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need something like silicone, but faster sealing

Hello Zeoheads,

My ASM skimmer has a few minor leaks where the head and neck come together. There is a rubber seal that is supposed to keep the water from leaking out of the skimmer where those two sections come together but it dosen't do a very good job in a few sections.

I don't ever need to move these two parts so I have decided just to seal them together to stop the leaking. My question is what can I use besides silicone to seal these two parts together? Silicone is fine but it take around 3 days to seal completely, and I have to have my skimmer off. Is there anything else I can use that I can find at a hardware store that will seal faster? Thanks guys.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Plumbers goop would work.. Also anyway to use weldon 16? That will seal in about 2-3 hrs...

Comment

What is weldon 16 and where can you normally get it.

Comment

I would try a plastics store or craft store.. It is used on acrylic... Get 16# its good and easy to work with.. madison might chim in also.. He knows a ton about acrylics...

Comment

Have you spoken with any of guys at Home Depot or Lowes? Some of the silicone will skin over pretty fast and completely cure faster than others. Try TAP Plastics for Weldon if you have one nearby, or look online. You could try http://www.aquariumsuppliesgalore.co..._16_-_5oz.html or http://www.interstateplastics.com/
          Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Have you tried smearing teflon grease on the o-ring?
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

no, haven't tried either of those. I will have to fix it next week.

Comment

I think the asm is extruded PVC not acrylic....you could use pvc cement
                Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
                X