Dosing Pump • Top-Off • Start2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing Pump • Top-Off • Start2

I have a LiterMeter lll and the two external pumps. I'm using two of the pumps to add top-off just based on the estimated evaporation (no float valve).

The minimum the LiterMeter can dose daily is 50ml. The way they work is to break down the total daily dosage required into 150 pump cycles every 24 hours. It seems fairly accurate but maybe not really good for such a low dosage.
    Can I add the Start2 to separate top-off container with RO/DI. This will be a secondary top-off, maybe 5 gallons a week. I think I can get it set and hold calibration to keep dosages in line will this higher volume of diluted Start2.

Has Thomas P. given any input as of late on these auto-dosing ideas. I think the Europeans use many more automating systems than most here in the US. Or at least they seem to get much more input on their message board forums I visit.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Steve, you can mix up ZeoStart2 with RO water. Please make sure not to add to much of this mixture in a refill bottle so a dosing pump failure can never be excluded. To operate save I would recommend to fill up the dosing bottle every other day for example, if you stay at home.

G.Alexander

Comment

are you saying instead of a 5g for the week a 1 gallon for the day ?
      Nick
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hi Nick, I believe Alexander's point is one of safety. In case of doser malfunction, it's better to limit the quantity of Start2 in the dilution solution, therefore, a smaller amount of Start2 would be best to dilute into one or two day's dosing Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Alexander... thanks. I realize that any failure where the pump is stuck on might result in the entire weeks dosage being added all at once. I have a lot of confidence in the pump not doing that but instead just not dosing at all. That will come from a mecanical failure of the tube and rollers though and not the built in electronics.
          So from what I understand it's "OK" to dilute the Start2 and my only real issue is the reliability of the pump used.
          I'll go for it (as soon as Start2 hits the Distributors).

SteveU
          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

ok thats what i thought bob thanx
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer