ORP Whoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORP Whoa

Before starting Zeovit I was using ozone and kept my ORP at around 400.

When I switched and stopped using ozone it fell down to around 320. This morning after using Zeovit for a week my ORP is at 470!

Is that normal?
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

I never tested my ORP before
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hi Timon, that's quite a change. Have you rechecked your calibration/probe clean? I no longer test ORP, so others may jump in with their experiences Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I've tried cleaning it, no change, but I agree that it's probably out of whack.
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Are any of the zeo-users measuring ORP & relate their experiences that Zeovit has made on the reading? TIA, Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
            Are any of the zeo-users measuring ORP & relate their experiences that Zeovit has made on the reading? TIA, Bob
            My ORP using Zeo for about 6 weeks is 330 with no ozone being fed. It sounds like a bad probe.

Comment

I monitor my ORP and found that when my ORP gets over 430 I need to clean the probe. I clean mine in a container of 5% vinegar and then use a toothbrush to clean the tip. The readings haven't really changed since going with ZeoVit system.
              I am out there, and loving every minute of it!

Out of the closet, that is. The Zeo closet.

Comment

Working...
              X