Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no3 battle

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. Please find details of my set up:
    1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.)
    700L
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.)
    ??? I think around 650L
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
    Yes, Korallin
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
    Stopped in December
    5. Are you using Ozone
    No
    6. Are you using UV
    No
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
    Turboflotor 5000 twin with 2 ocean runner pumps 3500, feedind pump is another OR3500
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
    Haven't tested PO4 this month, NO3 is 20 :crap:
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
    Ca 420, Alk 8,5, Mg 1290
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
    LR only, bb tank
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
    MH 1600Watt/m2, 20k lamp, all 3 month old
    12. What corals do you keep
    sps, lps and few softies
    13. Tissue color (light or dark)
    Dark
    14. How long has the tank been running
    3 years
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
    Brighten colours of sps
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
    Korallen Zucht Magnesium 6ml/day, Korallen Zucht Strontium 6ml/day, carbon 1kg changed every month
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
    around 80kg, most is 2 or 3 years old
    18. Any present problems
    High NO3 values
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
    No visible problem with current stock. I tried add new acropora last week, lost tissue from tips to base, died in the end
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
    Salifer, a few months old
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
    Zeovit 1,5 kg changed evry month, zeoback and zeofood; 7 drops every other day, zeostart 2ml/day, tried zeospur2 one withouts any visual effect, will use it againg when no3 is zero
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
    Salinity 1.025, temp 25c, lights on for 11 hours.

As you can see I do have a problems with NO3. I used to use Deltec ro system, which failed a few weeks ago. I did not noticed it, which means I've been using "ro" water with over 50 no3
    I've purchased new 6 stage ro system with inline TDS meter, so I'm sure the water has 0ppm. I've done 4 water changes this week ( 10% each). I would like to come back to my usuall water changes( 10% a week), but my no3 reading is still too high.
    Should I perform larger water changes for next few weeks?
    Any suggestion are welcome.
    Thank you.

Hi Mariusz, First off, welcome to ZEOvit.com. As you know, reef-keeping begins with low-TDS-RODI water. Limiting nutrients with your new water purifier + optimizing fish-feedings will allow ZEOvit method to deplete all nutrients. For now, do not use Sr. supplementation. Be patient, as it will take time for your system to reach the nutrient-poor environment that we strive. Your carbon/zeolites quantities are appropriate. Run your zeo-filter at a water flow rate through of ~600l/h. A little more or less is fine. Cycle the zeo-filter at 3hr. intervals, "on" & "off". This permits a balanced reduction in your nutrients. Dose 4 drops of bak & food7 every other day with new zeolites, then 4 drops 2x's/wk. Turn-off your skimmer for 60 min. after dosing these. Pump clean your stones 2-3x's/day daily. Dose Start .5ml 3x's/day daily throughout the cycle. It is not necessary to turn-off your skimmer when just dosing Start. If you are using the new Start2, plz. inform me, as Start2 dosages will differ. With the low-TDS water now being used, you will not need the higher zeo-dosing as before, thus, the lower dosing recommendations. Plz. ask questions if you are unsure of anything that I've recommended. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

WELCOME Bob advice is always on target listen up and you will love what happens to your tank
      Nick
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Tkank you Guys,
        Should I dose 5ml of Start 3 times a day? Seems to be a lot. Is there possibility I could overdose it? What's happens when you use too much of start?
        Thank you.

Comment

The Start dosage of 0.5ml 3x's/day daily should be safe[total 1.5ml/day] Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
          X