Dosing Meters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, all...

I've been using the dosing regimen suggested by Bob above for the last 2 weeks, but I am Mr. Redundancy (having been through several catstrophes ), and so I went out and bought another Eheim unit. So I can now dose 8 times a day, rather than 4, and in case one unit dies I can fall back to one unit until it's replaced (hey, don't laugh; I have spares for every single piece of equipment in my tank these days, along with 2 chillers running in parallel, with 2 pumps, 2 different circuits, etc. ). The Start2 certainly hasn't harmed anything, but with my tank at the level it is, it's hard to tell improvement since the colors are already good (IMHO). I did think the colors were a bit more intense, but that could be a self-induced illusion. :lol:

I've been dosing .3 ml 4 times a day, and am ready to push it to .4ml for a daily dose of 1.6ml, but now I'll be dosing 8 times a day instead of 4...Bob, what would you recommend for 8 times a day dosing? I was thinking of 0.2ml...

Arthur

Comment

Well, Arthur, there's nothing like redoubling your safeguards..very wise I'm not sure though, doubling your Start2 dosage would not result in slime, air-bubble formation, but most importantly darkening[dulling] of coral color. Let's first titrate upward, with .2ml every 4hrs[6x's/day] for 2-3wks. before deciding on 1.6ml/day. In phase 3, color improvements will be subtle, as your system is nutrient-poor, but Start2 can offer more stronger, deeper colors as opposed to the pastel, anemic coloration from before. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi, Bob...

I've been dosing 1.2ml per day for the last 2 weeks (0.3ml 4 times a day), and my plan is to convert that to 0.2ml 8 times a day for a total of 1.6ml. Since I was on the verge of moving to 0.4ml 4 times a day anyway (for a total of 1.6ml a day), I think it should come out the same, no?

As always, thanks for the advice...

Arthur

Comment

Hi Arthur, sorry, I mistakenly thought your dosing was .2ml 4x's/daySure, I'd move up to .2ml 8x's/day. Are you dosing AAHC? Thnx. Bob

Comment

Yes, standard AAHC dosing (along with Iodine and Fe) of 0.6ml twice a week.

Could ZS2 cause a slightly elevated phosphate level? Got a reading this morning of 0.04, when I usually get 0.01 or 0.02. Admittedly, I no longer test in my former OCD every morning manner, so I haven't tested for about a week, and my skimmer was very subdued for 2-3 days until I figured out the pump was a little clogged, so it might be unrelated to ZS2, but I thought I'd check. No sign of air bubbling, slime, dinos, etc.

Arthur

Comment

Arthur, that's an interesting question, one that I can not answer, as my Salifert's remain undetectable Maybe Alexander can give his experience with nutrient levels & ZS2 use. BTW, have you altered your bak/food quantites since beginning ZS2? What will be of interest is the P04 measurement after upping the ZS2 for a wk. or 2 I really do believe that your decreased skimming very well is a factor, though. Bob
              Last edited by Aged Salt; 04-27-2005, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Arthur, it is really not easy to explain, but I give it a try

If ZeoStart2 is dosed, you will boost the reproduction of bacteria in your tank. Once they are “born” they need food to be kept alive. The bacteria we like to host have the possibility to use:

1. Nutrients
                2. The elements contained in ZeoStart2

as a nourishment.

If there is a oversupply of the elements contained in ZeoStart2, the bacteria will favour these elements, reducing or stopping the uptake of nutrients which could explain your measuring results.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                  Arthur, that's an interesting question, one that I can not answer, Bob

OMG ARTHUR you stumped the Grand Wizard.. How dare you do that on here I am going to have to end your rights to post here on zeovit.com..

bad bad Arthur. JK bro.

But damn this is a first.

You took Bobs cherry Arthur I am telling Cathy when I see her.

Comment

Believe me, I regret it...no one wants to catch their dad in his underwear drinking out of the milk carton at the fridge.

Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by boobookitty
                      Believe me, I regret it...no one wants to catch their dad in his underwear drinking out of the milk carton at the fridge.

Arthur
                      Arthur, you've been following me around? Bob

Comment

No. The pictures are posted on the Internet, though.

:devil2:

Arthur
                        Last edited by zcom; 04-28-2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Not may "hits" I suppose (or hope).
                          SteveU
                          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
                            Not may "hits" I suppose (or hope).
                            SteveU
                            Sorry, fellas, it's a hot ticket site Bob

Comment

Aww, don't take it subscription, Bob...leave it open to the public.

Arthur

Comment

Working...
                              X