Dosing Meters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing Meters

Hi all, with the new Start2 soon to be available here in the States, dosing meters with very low outputs will be needed to dose Start2 properly. I believe Gary[CaptiveOceans] may make the Grotech doser available. Does anyone have experience with these dosers & if so, give the miminum quantities that it can dose?
    Alexander uses the IKS Vario[not sure which model] with good results. Is this low-doser available here in the States? TIA, Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Bob, I know with start1 you are doing like .3 over 3 times a day. How much start2 will you be dosing? Will you increase your dosage with it? If I am not mistaken don't you already have start2 aswell?

Happy Easter, Jeff

Comment

Bob, you are correct. I will have the GroTech dosing pumps available shortly. Thomas is using that one. It has a couple of rheostats, one to adjust the duration of how long the pump should be on, the other how long the break should be until it turns on. It's basically a very low tech approach...
      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

hi,gary
        when is this become available,i mean start2 and this pump,and what is the price.i know growthech is not that cheap)))
        thomas using this pump only for start2 ?

mike

Comment

Hi Jeff, I began using Start2 with a old dose-meter which did not function properly So, I've been dosing Start2, manually every 4hrs[except thru the night] Ideally, with Start2, one would dose Start2 with a dose-meter around the clock, every 2-4 hrs.

Gary, do you know the minimum amount the Grotech can deliver with each cycle? If it's 7.5ml, than dilution with Start2 + RODI water will be necessary for most dosing applications, which can easily be calculated. Bob

Comment

hi,bob.
            for how long do u use start2?
            do u think it s necessary to split dosing for a couple of times a day?

mike

Comment

Hi Mike, Start2 will keep the the bacteria in overdrive. It is best to dose this up to 12x's/day daily, ie. every 2hrs. I've been dosing every 2hrs. until my dose-meter when on the fritz.[2wks]. For the past wk. I've manually dosed Start2 every 2-4hrs.[4-6x's] with excellent results.[total 3wks. use]. Mike, dosing 2'x's/day will also work well with reports of this 2x;s/day use from Madison. There is not tip recession to worry about, or extreme lightening of SPS color. In fact, my SPS have really gained color definition with increased p-e & growth is much more evident with tip brightness. Bob

Comment

If you can dilute it in RODI water, one could use a Liter Meter for the same application correct. Gary do you know approx. retail on the Grotech unit?
                Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

bob,
                  i think for this type of dosing we need dosing pump...other expence)))))..lololol never ending story)
                  but,i am glad that overall u have a great success..
                  i hope i will get start2 soon))

mie

Comment

Is Start2 going to be less exspenive then Start1 seeing as how we'll be using more of it quicker?

Comment

Hey ger/bob could you dose start2 2 times a day. Maybe in the morning and afternoon till we can figure out the schedule. How are the dosing amounts compared to start.? thanks for the info.... bobs and ger are the masters at this stuff. Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by flyin2jz
                        Hey ger/bob could you dose start2 2 times a day. Maybe in the morning and afternoon till we can figure out the schedule. How are the dosing amounts compared to start.? thanks for the info.... bobs and ger are the masters at this stuff. Kevin

Im wondering this as well---Dosing pump is out of the question
                        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Bob, what is youre start2 dosing compared to your start1 dosing? Ml a day that is?

Comment

ZeoStart2 can be dosed all at once--one time/day or split into multiple dosages, staying within a total dosage quantity. More often, in lesser amounts is best for bacterial density stability but dosing once or twice/day will be effective. The dosing for Start2 is variable as in all zeo-products, but the theoretical amounts are derived from Alexander's, Madison's & my experiences.

Start2 Dosing Recommendations for the 3 phases per each 100g net volume:

Dosing Meter:
                            Phase1--.5ml every 2hrs

Phase2--.3ml every 2hrs

Phase3--.1ml every 4hrs

Manual Dosing:
                            Phase1--2.0ml 2-3x's/day

Phase2--1.3ml 2-3x's/day

Phase3--.2ml 2-3x's/day

Bob

Comment

What are signs that you may be overdosing this Bob?
                              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X