Bob need some help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob need some help?

Hi Bob well i am starting ZEO tomorrow cant wait! i am making up a calander of my dosing schedule. this is what you said on RC,

"Hi Nick, congrats on starting ZEOvit. All zeo-related dosages are based on net water vol. Be sure to read to ZEOvit guide as it is your "Cliff Notes" on the method, & within that text, it states that Kalkwasser is not used with ZEOvit. Just use top-off with RODI. One can begin ZEOvit without the zeo-filter --just place them in a mesh-bag in a high flow area until your filter arrives. Dose 1 1/2 trs of zeolite for the first 4wk. period, then increase that quantity to 2ltrs, exchanged every 6wks., thereafter. When your filter is operating, the water flow rate should be ~200gph. Cycle the zeo-filter "on" & "off'" at 3hr. intervals. Use 2 Cups of carbon in your sump, passively. Exchange every 4wks; knead the carbon every other day. Dose bak/food7--8drops/8drops daily for 2wks. then 2x's/wk. Be sure to turn off your skimmer for 60min. after dosing these. Dose Start 4ml.daily.Of course, dose the zeo's when your filter is "on". When not dosing bak/food, but just Start, it is not necessary to turn-off your skimmer. Again, know the "guide" inside & out. You now have all the zeo-info needed to make a "log", marked to fit the above schedule. Also write down your observations as you go it's always fun to revisit these experiences later. Bob"

BUT, after 2 weeks i know i dose bak and food7, 8 drops 2 times a week, but do i dose start 4 ml every day or only 2 times a week?

then after 4 week i report back here for more help? dose this sound right?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Hi Nick, yes dose Start daily, & better yet, split your Start dosage into two doses /day of 2ml. if feasible, throughout the entire first 4wks. Certainly, repost at the end of your first 4wks. of use when it's time for the zeolite exchange for new recommendations, or ask questions along the way. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

thanks Bob i am going to split my start into 2 doses a day, i just wasnt sure if i should do it daily or 2 times a week like bak and food.

also i saw you had 4 large angels in your reef care to tell me whcih ones? i am trying to decide on which ones i want?

also any recomendations for tangs? i know i want an orange shoulder, but want 1 more too?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Gosh, Nick, recommendations on fish are somewhat tenious, so I can't say what will work for you. I recently added a Conspiculatus Angel to the resident-3-angels: Emperator/Regal/Swallow-tail. So far everyone is happy & eating Mysis. If possible with your Tangs, place them in your reef at the same time. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

any pics pics of that conspic? i love those fish!

thanks for the advice!

i am going with a regal, pair of bellus, and then either the goldflake, conspic, majestic, emperor, or blueline.

to many choices haha!

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
          X