Harlequin Tusk in an SPS reef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlequin Tusk in an SPS reef?

Hey guys what do you think of a harlequin tusk in a SPS reef?

i am thinking of getting 1 for my 180 SPS reef, i mean all SPS reef.

heres the list of tank mates,

2 ocellaris clowns
    1 lineatus fairy wrasse
    1 lubbocks fairy wrasse
    1 flame fairy wrasse
    1 labouti fairy wrasse
    1 Rhomboid fairy wrasse
    1 tang (either a purple, PBT, powder brown tang, or anchilles, still haev to decide and find a healthy tang)

then my Harlequin Tusk, but why are they not consider reef safe? i mean will it get along with me other fish? i hear they eat snails or what about cleaner shrimp?

do you think i could add one to my list?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

I would think he would eat snails and hermits or any other crab for that matter. The cleaner shrimp well, maybe. If he recognizes him as a cleaner then you may be fine. I would say get a small one and have all the other species in place already and let him grow with his mates. I know I have seen them in reefs before.
    Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

i am ok with it eating some snails, heck ZEO shoudl take care of any algae that pops up.

also this would be the last fish in, i will add the HT and the tang i choose at the same time.

i am ok with loosing the shrimp too.

anyway anyone else think its ok? i will go with the aussie variety (more healthy from my research)

anyone have in there tank?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

i guess the main thing is will the HT get along with the other fairy wrasses?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

I dont have one in mine, but there is a user on RC named AnjaBrendan that has one in a 300g SPS reef.
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

yeah i contacted him hope to hear back from him, so far its not looking so good. i may have to choose anyother fish, any thoughts or suggestions? maybe a pair of bellus angels or a regal (har dto find one though)

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
            X