Calcium level sky high & DKH level low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcium level sky high & DKH level low

Hi, anyone can advice on high calcium level at 650 & dkh level at 5? I am using zeovit system for 2 weeks already. Been dosing zeobak, zeofood, zeostart & amino acid daily.

Your calcium seems very high, what test kit did you determine those values with?
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
      Your calcium seems very high, what test kit did you determine those values with?
      I used salifert calcium testkit.

Comment

Are you using a CR or dosing addicitives?

Comment

Oh ok, I was going to say it only goes up to 500 but just realized you have used the low resolution test

What calcium supplement do you use? A Calcium Chloride like Turbo Calcium?

What salt do you use?
          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Oh ok, I was going to say it only goes up to 500 but just realized you have used the low resolution test

What calcium supplement do you use? A Calcium Chloride like Turbo Calcium?

What salt do you use?
            Wow! You are amazing, how u know i used the low res test? I did not use any calcium suppliment nor any calcium reactor from the start of thw 2 weeks.

Comment

Let me guess, Coralife salt?

Comment

It's odd that your calcium is so high with no supplementation, the calcium must be coming from somewhere

Do you use tap water or purified water? If you use tapwater then it's calcium content may be very high, test your tap water to see if that may be the source.

What salt mix do you use?

Comment

It's odd that your calcium is so high with no supplementation, the calcium must be coming from somewhere

Do you use tap water or purified water? If you use tapwater then it's calcium content may be very high, test your tap water to see if that may be the source.

What salt mix do you use?
                  I use tropic marine salt. maybe they are from the tap water.

Comment

This low kH would certainly cause tissue recession. Better do some corrective action.

Comment

If you take corrective action then do it by doing water changes with correctly adjusted values.

If you add a buffer now the calcium may precipitate resulting in a snowstorm, which is very bad indeed.

Comment

Hi Kamiru, your Ca level seems to be a little bit unrealistic without any dosage. I really would recommend you first, before you do anything, to get a fresh test kit or crosschecking your water with a friend & shop.

G.Alexander

Comment

Yes Alexander is right, do what he says before you follow my advice

Comment

Also check your magnesium levels. I have found it diffucult to maintain stable CA/KH values while magnesium is off. Check your water with someone elses kit like G. stated then take the approprite action.
                            Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Whats ur PH and mag at ?
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller