maybe a dumb question from a just christened zeo user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe a dumb question from a just christened zeo user

Hey guys I've been following this board since its inception and the one on RC for a while before this one was started. I had been thinking about going to zeo for a while and I finally made the jump yesterday. I've been following a few threads about tanks that were almost exactly my size and my parameters so Ii've been following advice ctually given to someone else... which is one of the reasons I chose zeo, because of the wonderful help on this board. My dumb question is with the zeobac, how do you guys get it out of the bottle??? Do you take the white insert out and use a dropper or d you use the intert as your dropper. For me the insert will let a few drops go at one time and I only need 2 drops, sometimes I get 3, or two and what looks like half drop. Is that the intention of the insert or am I missing someing here???
    thanks,
    Bill

Bill, you're not alone We have overcome this obstacle by borrowing saliferts older or unused droppers. BUT, if im not mistaken, Gary is or will be carrying droppers as an option for the small ZEObak bottles. I have done some research and other manufacturers that sell their media this way was to prevent the bottles from leaking during shipping instead of it being used as a dropper. Good luck with ZEO!

Comment

thank you that helps me not feel like an idiot

Comment

I'd opt for unused droppers over older droppers, there's some nasty stuff in some of those kits
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

I would leave the dropper (plug) in the bottle and just shake out your drops. I removed it with my first bottle and it seems to evaporate out very fast. So I kept the plug in the last bottle I got. JMO

Comment

i use a dropper from salifert but like znut says it does seem to evaporate quicker
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
            X