E-Tropicals Live Rock........????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Tropicals Live Rock........????

Hi, has anyone here bought Caribbean live rock from etropicals.com? How was it? Good quality? Inverts? Corals? Plants? Or was it dead? Do you have any pics of it?

And what would you rate it on a 1 - 10 scale 10 being excellent?

I want to buy some for my 40 gallon because it is only $100 for 40 lbs, and this rock is supposed to be very lightweight. :xmas:

So, post away!
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

:fart: http://www.liverocks.com/
    I got mine here

Comment

Live Rock

I have seen this Haitian live rock, it is very light . It is made up of dead coral skeletons with not much coraline. I do not know the name of the coral but it looks like pectina on steroids. It is much better than the the Triton stuff which is right down the road from me.
      Last edited by frink; 03-25-2005, 09:45 PM.

Comment

So frink, you are saying that this rock from e tropicals is much better than the rock that liverocks.com sells, correct?

And Cosmocramer, did you like the rock from liverocks.com? Did you get a good amount of live corals, or none? Is it solid rock or lightweight? Would you reccomend it for my 40 gallon softie tank?

Thanks folks, more opinions, please :-)
        Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

It's real nice rock with red and pink and purple coraline.Some nice sponges,afew corals.Theres a couple that are still alive.I had 3 mantis,1 is still alive and living nicely in my sump.

Comment

a sponge in the sump? See I dont like spending $200 for 40 lbs of solid rock getting only 3-4 peices of rock at one place when I could spend only $100 at another place(etropicals) and get 5-6 peices more live rock due to it being much lighter.

Anyone here order LR from etropicals???

Comment

Noooo,the mantis is in the sump...lol
              It's pretty light,i did get a nice box of rocks.Give them a call ask for Michael he was real helpful.I was real happy with the rocks and the service

Comment

rock

If what you want in your reef is limestone bolders with some sponges that will go away ,aptasia and maybe a mantis shrimp or gorilla crabs buy the aquacultured stuff. I live a couple of miles from several of the Tampa Bay Fl. live boulder sellers and I can truthfully say every experienced hobbyist in this area I know has moved on from the novelty of rock teeming with life. Half of it dies shortly after you put it in your tank, the rest of the life maybe things that have you up with at flashlight and an icepick at 2:00 in the morning trying to get rid of. If you must buy aquacultured the best is Gulfview. He selects his rock for porosity and light weight. WWW.Gulf-view.com

Comment

yes, I thought about buying LR from there before, but I have never seen a post on the net about anyone buying from there....

Comment

Working...
                  X