BTA & Nanos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTA & Nanos.

Is there a gallon requirement for a BTA?

This is going to sound SO unoriginal, but I was thinking of an anem and a clown in my nano cube. I've never really had much experience with both and thought it would be an easy pair.

Would a BTA sting and inflict damage on rics and zoas?

Thanks guys!

some will say dont do it. I do have friends that have RBTAs in 10g tanks and they thrive. I think if they are kept with zoa's and ricordia florida they would probably be ok---as for yumas i dont know, they are alittle more finnicky IME.

Are you still setting up that cube?
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

i kept a little one in a 10 gallon. my sugestion is make the bta the first one in the tank and let him get where he wants to be then add your coral

Comment

in a nano I'd make the anemone the only invertebrate, those things end up getting pretty large eventually. Also any other fish than a clown fish will probably get eaten eventually.
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Do you guys think a JBJ 12g Nanocube DX has enough lighting for a BTA? I was thinking of doing the same thing as Sean. I would like to have an anemone/clownfish pair, but anemones tend to get shredded in my tanks, and I don't want one wandering around and bumping into coral anyway.

Comment

Sean, I'm still doing my cube but more towards the end of the summer.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

http://www.nanocustoms.com/catalog/

Comment

Glad to hear that man its going to be a great setup
                Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I can't WAIT to get my 60 under construction. The ideas for it keep on coming in and I'm struggling to develop a final design.

I guess only time will show

Comment

Working...
                  X