Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Santa came early this year to drop off a special delivery from Germany!

400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

The Grotech reactor came with two small tubes. One is glue and the other is a lubricant.

Do I use the lubricant to lube the cleaning rod?

Does anyone know what the glue is for?
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Looks like you're ready to begin Remember to refridgerate the bak. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I'm in the tropics, everything is in the fridge already!

The big bottle is Zeostart2 BTW, looks like I'm one of the first

Comment

i would think the lubricant is for the cleaning rod and the O-ring at the lid, to keep it sealed

Comment

Maybe the glues for all the frags you'll soon have.
            SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
              Maybe the glues for all the frags you'll soon have.
              SteveU
              HAHAHA

Comment

Lucky, I want some start2 aswell heheheheh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                  Looks like you're ready to begin Remember to refridgerate the bak. Bob
                  Orion76 - Congrats. :xmas: I just started the system last week.

Bob - Oops. What all do you refridgerate besides the Bak? I opened my Bak on Thursday of last week but have not ever put it in the fridge. Will it be OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
                    i would think the lubricant is for the cleaning rod and the O-ring at the lid, to keep it sealed
                    Now that you mentioned it, it's called "silicon grease", so maybe it's meant as a seal...

Anyone here own this reactor? Would like to be sure before I hook it up.

Comment

As Heinz said... I use it to lubricate the rod o-ring and the o-ring seal around the top.

SteveU
                      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

yes the silicon is a lubricant/sealant for the stir rod and o ring

Wade, your bak will be fine. just keep in in the fridge from now on

Comment

OK that makes sense, thanks guys!

Comment

Should I use Zeostart2 from day 1 or wait with that?

Comment

Congrats bro gl wit everything
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller
                              ATB Return w/ wavysea
                              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment