Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Hey guys I've been keeping an eye on the forum in RC for quite sme time now, and I must say I'm quite impressed. The system sounds great and the results look terrific, but I'm not sure if its for me. I'm keeping a new 75g reef thats been set up for about 5 months, with a 20g fuge and probably 50 lbs of live rock. My big question is with the inhabatents I want to keep, is zeo the way to go? I'm a huge fan of Rics, zoos, clams, sps, and I also keep a S. Hadonni. My tank wont be dominated by sps, as I'm only lighting it with 5 110W VHO's, so it will be a select few that rule the top of the tank. Is there going to be any adverse effects of using this system with Rics and Zoos? And is it going to do anything to the anenomee. I also do not use a Ca reactor, i just dose turbo calcium. Well either way I'd like your feedback, your tanks look incredible and I hope I can get mine there also.
    thanks,
    Bill

Bill I have been collecting ricordias for a while and they are doing extremely well in my tank. I have dosed just about every product ZEOvit has to offer and none of them have declined the health of these animals. Instead it helps.. for example.. Ricordias do very well with perfect Iodine conditions. With Potassium Iodide Fluoride, you provide this element to your tank and will increase its health in case your salt brand does not contain the levels required.

Comment

Hi Bill, you've probably seen my posts, on RC but with ZEOvit method, one has a rescipe for success w/o the dreaded fear of "tank-crash" 2-4 yrs. down the road. To me it's been a gift from heaven. Once you drink the Kool-Aid, though, you'll be hooked Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

And how sweet the kool aid is :p
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Yep it def. is as good as it sounds
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Bill, like Edward, I have a thing for Florida Ricordias, and mine have done most well in my tank with ZEO... As a matter of fact, from the the first day after they went in, they have expanded bigger and better than in my last few previous tanks with DSB's... I would venture to guess they like the low nutrient water...!

What my problem is now, is that this tank is set up for SPS with high flow Streams, and that is not appreciated by the Ric's... I lost two of them last week that just couldn't hold on anymore, and note that they are in the lowest flow area of the tank...!

And my Zoos have also had incredible expansion, but then Zoos are the "tramps" of the reef world and it takes a lot to upset them...!
            Last edited by Todd March; 01-24-2005, 12:22 AM.
            Rimless Starfire 85g SPS
            (36" x 26" x 21")
            ATI Powermodule 10 x 39W
            ATB Small Cone
            RK2
            Vortech MP40W
            6025 Stream modded
            Vertex Zeo Reactor
            Balling

Comment

like the others here, i keep rics and zoos along with my SPS and i have no problems what so ever keeping them healthy. if anything, they are growing at a faster rate then before. keep in mind i do not feed the tank besides a few pellets for my 6 line, basic 4 components of zeovit and AAHC.
              Nam

Comment

Thank you

Thanks, goes to everyone who responded. I think I'm going to give this a try, now I just have to tweak a few tank parameters before I go any further. One last question though... Can I use a DSB with zeovit, thats the way the tank is set up right now. I could slowly start pulling sand out but that could be a while before I get it all out. Would zeo still work with it???
                Thank you all again,
                Bill

Comment

Bill, the best part of zeo is it can be used with any method of substrate.. Best of luck and ket us know if you need anything else along the way.. I am sure you will and we the zeoheads are MORE then willing to help you out.

Peace and happy reefing, Jeff

Comment

hey nobody told me about koolaid, i have been drinking start.. what gives?

Comment

lol yea what gives?

Comment

Working...
                      X