zeovit and SPS and end results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeovit and SPS and end results.

This thread was raise in the Singapore Reef Club regarding the results from zeovit and SPS.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...0&#entry366164

There has been cases of reefers who used the zeovit for 3-4months and having dead SPS.

Any comments on it?

Overdosing ?????? Not having Bob to help them
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

losmandy, Nick, is correct again With ZEOvit the dosages will continually decrease as one goes deeper into the method, or the result can be lost corals Even with the new Start2 which is virtually non-toxic to our corals, bak/food7 excesses can have negative coral consequences. Most of the losses, IME with other zeo-users, is non-zeo-related, ie. parameter changes. But, knowing well the ZEOvit guide visual cues of zeo-excess is paramount in the dosing balance as this is simple to understand & even easier to correct Losmandy, to those on that site, experiencing difficulties, plz. ask them to register here & post up their experiences. Maybe we can help. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

You have to remeber the reccommended doses on the bottles are never really used there usally less then that so if there following that could very well be the problem
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Bob, most of them already gave up on the zeovit method and revert back to the so called conventional method of reefing with PO4 absorbing media like Rowaphos.

I'm into the 6th month of zeovit and I'm still holding on as I can see the colors of most acros getting better, taking photo few weeks apart and you can tell the difference. Growth rates are insane, NO3 undetectable, PO4 (with hanna PO4 meter) has dropped from 0.22ppm down to 0.03ppm and now hovers between 0.04-0.05ppm (due to increased feedings). Basically no more coral lost as that happens only during the first few weeks after starting zeovit.

I even had a brown bodied digitata with blue polyps turning into baby blue body now.

I agree with your comments that zeovit system requires careful observation of the corals and the dosage should be adjusted accordingly

Comment

Losmandy, congrats on staying the course I'm 10mos.+ on ZEOvit, & the coral colors continue to amaze me. This stuff is dynamite, & with the introduction of Start2, coral tissue recession/loss will be virtually non-existent Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

Actually I'm into my 7th month of zeovit, started on 7th Sept 04.

Unfortunately my dealer here has a large stock of zeostart1 so I guess I won't be having zeostart2 anytime soon.

Perhaps I could get CaptiveOcean to ship me one bottle as I will be flying over to Arizona next month :P

So far I have no noticed any coral tissue recession/loss yet, just brown/green film on the glass and stopping the zeo doses for 4 days and restarting with 1/2 the dosage solves the problem.

Now my DSB is not helping me with all those nutrient pools in it, only plan to shift everything to a new bare bottom setup after I relocated in future.

Comment

Working...
              X