Clams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clams

Do the mulms that pump out of the reactor to feed SPS also feed clams? I'm wondering because I'm thinking about getting a few small clams and I don't want to have to constantly feed them Phyto. Thanks
    -Nathan
    65 SPS
    692Watts
    2085gph Max Flow
    Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

If I was to get some small clams I would probably bowl feed them, Althogh it may feed them indirectly
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Hi Nathan, good question. Since mulm contains nutrients that the clams can need, maybe so. However, mulm, being particulate matter, I'm not sure clams will filter these for nourishment. Maybe Alexander can answer this definitively? Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Nathan, I could not tell you if the bacteria mulm is nourishing the clams, but they really grow fast in a zeovit system. I keep Tridacna crocea, maxima, squamosa & gigas.

G.Alexander

Comment

The exit of the zeoreactor better be directly in the tank than in the sump, ain't it?

Comment

Laurent, this is correct. You should try to pump the mulm directly in the tank or in the last filter camber where your return pump is hosted to make the bacteria mulm coming from the reactor available for the corals.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X