Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth on Alevopora (not zeo related..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth on Alevopora (not zeo related..)

This coral is one that I am not sure about. Is it hardy? Is it impossible to keep? Or is it moderately hardy(as in it wont die for no reason).

I have seen lots of these corals in pictures and in person, and it ALWAYS seems like the bottom half is dead, and the top half is alive and healthy, but sometimes not...

I need info from the hobbyist on this coral...as I cant seem to find consistant information elsewhere.

If you own this type of coral, PLEASE post pics if you have any, and tell some about how long you have had the coral, etc.

I want to keep this type of coral in my 40 gallon aquarium when it is ready for corals mabe at the end of this coming summer after I get live rock...

So, lets see some information!!! :yesway:
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

what happened to the 75 and the 130?

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I still have those and they are in operation.
      Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

i do not own it, but i have heard they are just as difficult as goniopora...

Comment

low to moderate light. low flow.. I've had one for six months and have tried all light levels and flow levels.
          My 180 Gallon SPS pictures-copy/paste

http://photobucket.com/albums/b373/t0mmy108/Reef%20Aquarium%20Pictures/

Comment

I have two now, it was one but after I dropped a piece of LR on it that's when it became two.
            It's been in my care for a little over two years and is growing slowly. It prefers low flow and medium light. Intense lighting will keep it from expanding much and it will have a bleached appearance. Presently I have the larger pieic towards the end of the tank and the side closer to the light is much lighter than the shaded side. Same extension on either side.

SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

how about 2) 40 watt striplights(NO flourescents)(not sure on temp range) with (2) 65w atentic PC's on a 40 gallon 48x13x15tall??? Thanks

edit: that is what is on it know, with a 10" deep fine sand bed on the left, and a 3" deep sandbed on the right, slowlw sloping to the 10" on the left.

and that is with a 6-7 gallon DIY surge device on the left!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Adam; 03-12-2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
                I have two now, it was one but after I dropped a piece of LR on it that's when it became two.

SteveU

That was funny Steve

I know the feeling!

Comment

Working...
                X